kenw

July Third Sunday at CR - 7/11

I nominate Ray!

Well, you have been dropping the ball on recent events.

That is why I nominate you. I have no time anymore. I openly admit it, and have told anyone complaining to step up and take the reins. But its funny, when you actually put something out for people to do, all the people that pick on you, and tell you that you are lazy and a fail etc etc, where are they to be found when it's offered to them. NO WHERE!

Good pics. Now if I could just hit doubles consistently.

Mark, we need to start shooting skeet at Sparta to get better at doubles.... :facepalm:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rollingyellow: :laughing-lettersrofl:

On a side note, perhaps the forum should purchase a hot dog cart that can be brought to all the group meets to help raise money for the forum, and to feed all of us hungry guys during a long day of shooting :drool: :think:

That sounds like something a Community Organizer would do.

Is Matt bringing a hotdog cart next time?

Great time yesterday - beutiful weather! Nice meeting you Dave. Chris - I have a GP100 that I'll bring next time. It has a nice double action pull, the model 10-6 that I brought has a very heavy pull. The .22 range sure is a lot of fun. To bad my Marlin 981T is broke. You guys would have liked shooting it. It's out for repair, but I should have it next time.

Thanks for all the tryouts. I think I am putting a revolver in que after a shotty. I am kinda liking the American Heritage stuff, but that just might be from all the Red Dead Redemption I have been playing.

Very cool pics Mark and Dave. Makes me wish I could be back there now shooting rounds!! Dave you have fully mastered the art of capturing rounds as they are leaving the barrel...AWESOME!!!

Hey, sorry for the blast of replies. Typing while doing something else.

I have noticed from trying to ge the shots I want that it is impossible to get the blast-from-the-muzzle-clay-exploding picture. The camera shuter speed can only get one or the other. In other words, the smoke clears before the clay breaks.

inneresting, ain't it?

What kind of camera are you using? If you're using a point & shoot it's going to be tough to get it.

Well I was using a P and S Canon Powershot Sunday but I have a Canon EOS as well. It's tough enough to get the blast and or the eject let alone getting the bullet strike. I would be interested to know how you would reccomemd without getting too much motion blur.

What kind of camera are you using? If you're using a point & shoot it's going to be tough to get it.

Well I was using a P and S Canon Powershot Sunday but I have a Canon EOS as well. It's tough enough to get teh blast and or the eject let alone getting the bullet strike. I would be interested to know how you would reccomemd without getting too much motion blur.

Set your DSLR in continuous mode. Don't move. Tripod best of course. Hold the shutter release down at the right time....post process and photoshop the two together. Basic crop job should work just fine. If you do want to move the camera, use a stitcher(I use PTgui), like I did to make these of my vacation 3 weeks ago: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/west/Pans/ It allows you to choose how the various images blend.

Well I was using a P and S Canon Powershot Sunday but I have a Canon EOS as well. It's tough enough to get teh blast and or the eject let alone getting the bullet strike. I would be interested to know how you would reccomemd without getting too much motion blur.

Set your DSLR in continuous mode. Don't move. Tripod best of course. Hold the shutter release down at the right time....post process and photoshop the two together. Basic crop job should work just fine. If you do want to move the camera, use a stitcher(I use PTgui), like I did to make these of my vacation 3 weeks ago: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/west/Pans/ It allows you to choose how the various images blend.

Well yea, photoshop. :p I hadn't realised you were such a picture taking guy. I'll bring my aged SLR next time and we'll see what we can get.

That crater shot is cool.... you do see a part where there's a stitching problem at the bottom left though!

That crater shot is cool.... you do see a part where there's a stitching problem at the bottom left though!

Yeah, some of them aren't perfect, but hey, they are pretty cool. The Meteor Crater 360 view shows the fires to the north of Flagstaff...45 miles away. The smoke runs to the horizon which means the smoke trail must be 100 miles long. That's pretty neat.

I nominate Ray!

Well, you have been dropping the ball on recent events.

That is why I nominate you. I have no time anymore. I openly admit it, and have told anyone complaining to step up and take the reins. But its funny, when you actually put something out for people to do, all the people that pick on you, and tell you that you are lazy and a fail etc etc, where are they to be found when it's offered to them. NO WHERE!

I hope your not talking about me Mathew. I've taken the reins on the Bullet Hole meet-up and that has been a pretty big hit.

Jeez.. With all these pics I think I have three guests just dying to come to the next one.

can I get some peeps to help bring them in as guests if it happens that way?

Just ask! If I'm in town, I can come by I'm sure there's some others that will do the same.

Jeez.. With all these pics I think I have three guests just dying to come to the next one.

I can!! :dance: Just signed up online. The almost Mrs. to be( :shhh: ) and I are going to the n00b safety briefing on Sunday the 1st. If she is my significant other on our membership can we each sign in a guest or just me? I might need to sign in her brother if he's coming.

I can!! :dance: Just signed up online. The almost Mrs. to be( :shhh: ) and I are going to the n00b safety briefing on Sunday the 1st. If she is my significant other on our membership can we each sign in a guest or just me? I might need to sign in her brother if he's coming.

I'l see you there