chris327

chiappa 1911-22 custom

Hey guys,

So yesterday I made my purchase of the 22 pistol I've been looking for. Stop at the store he had a chiappa 1911-22 I looked at it and can't resist. I took it home with me and will be taking it to the range today. Will follow with a range report later. Got blazer ammo, winchester, and federal. Will report which I like the best. Does anyone else have one of these? I am looking into doing some work on mine. Nothing major, just posibly polishing the trigger and hammer, drilling the trigger. Has anyone done this to their chiappa? Wanted to see what the best way to do this is if anyone has please let me know and pics if possible. Also, has anyone taken the name on the side of the slide off this firearm. Its not very important to me but just think it would be nice without it. Any info on customizing this pistol would be great. Thanks

Chris.

So I just left the range. It was a jamfest. The blazer was the best ammo. The federal didn't cycle at all. The winchester was ok. None were good though. The blazer jammed 1 in 3 bullets. The federal jammed every bullet. The winchester 1 in 5. The jams where all different, from double feeds to the ammo going in but not all the way, the slide would cycle and the ammo would be half way in no the whole way. Or the ammo would be part in and the case pealed back. Many shells would not eject also. They would be stuck in there and I had to go in with pliers to get them out. I shot 150 rounds total and towards the end it was a little better but not much. I'm very upset so far with this pistol. I'm going to give it a good clean and lube. Then get some cci mini mags and head back to the range. Anyone have info on customizing?

ok so i figured out the problem with some research. Apparently this gun must have ben dry fired before i purchased it. There is a small ding in the top of the opening for the chamber. I am going to have to ship this firearm back to chiappa. How would i go about doing this? Chiappa said i can fedex it overnight. Is this true? i thought i must go to an ffl to ship it? Any info on this would be great.

thanks

chris

You should be able to just ship them the barrel. When some of these rimfires are dry fired, it will peen a slot on the chamber face and the protrusion into the chamber area can cause jams. They'll simply grind the protrusion off. If you're handy with a Dremel you should be able to do it yourself.

Ok i will bring it to fedex tomorrow. Do you know roughly how much it costs to ship this? also would they just ship it right back to my house? or does it have to go to an ffl?

the chiapalloy is nice actually. it seems strong and it is heavier than expected. It seems like everything is painted black just one coat because it seems to come off pretty easily. such as on the hammer, just wiping the hammer took some of the paint off. that is y i am thinking of polishing the hammer and trigger. would i just rub the paint off and it look ok or is there more to it?

You can check with Chiappa, as far as fedex/ups goes, my only experience shipping a handgun was to S&W, and they required it to go Fedex, overnight or 2-day. It was like 20 bucks or so overnight... no reason to go to an FFL... S&W fedex'd the gun back to my house..

Ok i will bring it to fedex tomorrow. Do you know roughly how much it costs to ship this? also would they just ship it right back to my house? or does it have to go to an ffl?

the chiapalloy is nice actually. it seems strong and it is heavier than expected. It seems like everything is painted black just one coat because it seems to come off pretty easily. such as on the hammer, just wiping the hammer took some of the paint off. that is y i am thinking of polishing the hammer and trigger. would i just rub the paint off and it look ok or is there more to it?

that actually scares me...whats underneath? Exposed Chiappalloy? Which is code for what ? Aluminum? Steel? Potmetal?

i know it scares me to what is under the paint. I want to take the paint off the trigger and hammer if it will be polished but im afraid to do this unless others have done it too. Anyway i gotta wait to get it back from the dealer before doing that anyway. im gunna try to find out if that is ok to do or not, as well as drilling the trigger. and does anyone know if slide release from a 1911 or thumb safety from a 1911 will fit this? i know that grips wont fit, but i will file them myself to fit. i want to get a more custom look to the chiappa 1911.

the grips go right on? or do they need to be filed to fit? i read they need to be filed to properly fit. i wanna get some black grips for it. anyone have any recomendation on where or what to buy? and pk90 you dont know about the slide release & thumb safety being the same as a 1911 do you? i have researched that but no answers.

would anyone recomend grinding the protrusion off myself as autoxnyc said to do? i think im going to send it back but it will take 2 weeks. wasnt sure if as he said i could grind it off myself.

If you had purchased it second hand or had a ton of rounds through it I would do it myself, but being that it is brand new...I would send it back. Let the manufacturer make the correction.

-Scott

330 with everything.so i mean with another 50 its up to 380. could have easily got the gsg. i didnt get the gsg bc i didnt want to wait. i went to the store and he had the chiappa not the gsg so i took it instead of waiting a week or so to order like ru did. well that turned out to be a kick in the ass.