usnmars

The joys of American cosmo!

I picked up yesterday a real cherry 1903a3 Remington for almost nothing. It has a mirror bore and looks almost perfect. To my surprise upon disassembly I found something that is rarer these days(unless you order from the CMP) Here are some preview pics of the new toy, unfortunately I didn't get pics with the rifle complete. I am in the process of writing up another little thing on PROPER cleaning and preservation, so I am sure these pics will be used there.

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00320-1.jpg

I am still in a state of shock that I traded a Yugo 24/47 mauser for it. I told the guy I was ripping him off and getting the better end of the deal, but he really wanted that damn yugo........ He said "This is why I like working with you, you are honest and let me know if a deal is even. For your honesty, EVEN TRADE!!!"

No, he didn't say anything about the cartouches. He is an old man so I honestly dont think he put them on there. I did forget to mention, my day got even better yesterday. I stopped to get gas on the way home and won $100 on a $2 rub off lottery ticket.

I just did a quick ghetto cleaning on it so I would be able to shoot it this weekend. I didn't really go through it with a fine tooth comb.....yet! Here are some pics after the ghetto cleaning, all parts are Remington marked and the bore is perfect. It has a muzzle wear of .5 according to my gauge, and a throat erosion of less than 1.

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00341.jpgDSC00336.jpg

I am still in a state of shock that I traded a Yugo 24/47 mauser for it. I told the guy I was ripping him off and getting the better end of the deal, but he really wanted that damn yugo........ He said "This is why I like working with you, you are honest and let me know if a deal is even. For your honesty, EVEN TRADE!!!"

Lucky! :shock: Very Nice!