lunker

Fort Dix Range 14 - Wednesday 8/11

what time you guys usually get there? I've never been but would love to see the setup and try the shotguns outdoors. Are you allowed to use fruit as your target? How about plastic gallon containers filled with water??

-Scott

They open at 1pm. Yes and yes to the fruit and plastic containers.

I would arrive around 1230 if you plan on shooting at 1. They fill up pretty quick at open and you could end up waiting for a table.

If you bring a shotgun, I would check out their skeet ranges too. You pay $3 for25 clays and can shoot as little or as long as you want.

As far as the rifle range goes... no glass, no plywood, no metal unless its an angled or swinger style steel target at 200 yards. Ground targets at min 25yards. Above ground targets min 15yards. So ya you could put a watermelon at 25yards and blow it up with a slug. Water bottles are fun to shoot at, but they will as you to clean them up. Bring a garbage bag. You can leave brass but must pick up shot shells.

I'm going to wait til it cools down some myself. I've spent enough time in the sun and on grainy ground to last me at least til the Fall ;) (that and I'm camping for pretty much the rest of the summer)

As for this winter, I can't wait. I'm a winter person, and I'm looking forward to being out there in the cold.

I'm going to wait til it cools down some myself. I've spent enough time in the sun and on grainy ground to last me at least til the Fall ;) (that and I'm camping for pretty much the rest of the summer)

As for this winter, I can't wait. I'm a winter person, and I'm looking forward to being out there in the cold.

The cold sounds nice right now. The thing that kills me about Dix is the everpresent sand and dust. Every rifle I bring needs cleaning afterwards. I hate cleaning, and wouldn't do it every time if I didn't have to.