Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

2x4 Match at Cherry Ridge - Saturday, 8/14 8:30am-3:00pm

Alright I think we will be ready. I hope voodoo and I don't embarrass ourselves.

Not to worry. HazMatt will be too busy razzing the regulars to notice anything you do.

I a not worried. hoping the regulars don't razz us.

Don't worry!!! And Mike will comfirm this... If you saw me shoot last week, I was POOR!! And nobody razzed me or said a word. But then I was the only one with a rifle in their hand. :o

Come and enjoy and bring loads of dollar bills. It's just like the GoGo bar.

Don't worry!!! And Mike will comfirm this... If you saw me shoot last week, I was POOR!! And nobody razzed me or said a word. But then I was the only one with a rifle in their hand. :o

Come and enjoy and bring loads of dollar bills. It's just like the GoGo bar.

Except for the beer, foreign accents, g-strings, hooker heels and stretch marks.

This would be my first pistol match (unofficial or otherwise). Any other tips this newbie should know?

Alright! Welcome to the club. It is way more fun than punching paper.

1) When you get to the table, fold your arms. I have found it to be the best way to keep them from doing something stupid.

2) Watch the match directors and do not do anything until told to do so.

3) Watch that muzzle! Especially went reloading or clearing a jam.

4) Finger off the trigger when reloading and clearing a jam.

5) Start by shooting slowly but accurately. Slow hits are better than fast misses. If you start missing, your first instinct is to speed up to make up for the misses. Get your head back to together, focus on the front sight and get hits.

6) Just remember, it's just a bunch of people shooting at boards so don't take it too seriously. We don't.

UPDATE:

From HazMatt: We're going to run a couple of lever-action carbine matches if at least four of you nuts bring 'em ( pistol-caliber only!)

Remember, this is a lost brass match, and there are to be no uncased firearms off the firing line, so keep your ammo/mags and firearms separate. Bring a friend or two; membership is not necessary to shoot an event at Cherry Ridge.

UPDATE:

From HazMatt: We're going to run a couple of lever-action carbine matches if at least four of you nuts bring 'em ( pistol-caliber only!)

Remember, this is a lost brass match, and there are to be no uncased firearms off the firing line, so keep your ammo/mags and firearms separate. Bring a friend or two; membership is not necessary to shoot an event at Cherry Ridge.

Awwww shucks, you can't pick up your own brass???

UPDATE:

Is this true? you can't take you r brass?

UPDATE:

Is this true? you can't take you r brass?

Yes, you cannot take your brass. It slows the match down too much. In addition, with four shooters blasting away, it would be impossible to tell who's brass you were picking up.

OK, but for arguments sake, what happens to brass when the match is over?

If you stay until the end of the match and help break down and clean up, you get a share of the mixed-brass. I'll even give you a free container for your brass.

Had a good time. It was nice meeting everyone! I'd be willing to bet that come the next match, I'll either be reloading, buying from someone who does, shooting 9mm or all of the above. As much as I wanted to keep shooting, I was done by 11:45!

Reload - I went home and tonight in less than an hour I reloaded 200 rds of 45.

Fun day of shooting for voodoodaddy, marl31, 2 other friends and I. Nice to see a few familiar faces who I have not seen since the Paterson range days.

As a group, we sort of kicked ass. :D We only lost a total of 4 times.

The best was voodoodaddy and I getting the fastest time for a team yesterday (10.87) :o

45acp wadcutters still work the best. 40s&w not as good. Next time we'll see what 9 major can do to it other than punch little holes in the wood.

Looking forward to the next match to defend our title, and beat our time.

Fun day of shooting for voodoodaddy, marl31, 2 other friends and I. Nice to see a few familiar faces who I have not seen since the Paterson range days.

As a group, we sort of kicked a**. :D We only lost a total of 4 times.

The best was voodoodaddy and I getting the fastest time for a team yesterday (10.87) :o

45acp wadcutters still work the best. 40s&w not as good. Next time we'll see what 9 major can do to it other than punch little holes in the wood.

AHH! Those were you guys who got the 10.87. I tried my 40S&W for one match. It took me too long to line the sights up again. I did much better with the 1911 45acp.

As a group, we sort of kicked a**. :D We only lost a total of 4 times.

AHH! Those were you guys who got the 10.87. I tried my 40S&W for one match. It took me too long to line the sights up again. I did much better with the 1911 45acp.

Yeah that was us. The 40s&w worked, but the profile of the bullet was no where near that of a 45 wadcutter. Now I need to load some 45's. The screwed up things was that our 1st time up we got that time, and out 2 other friends broke their 2x4 a split second later. We spent the rest of the day chasing that time.