tbtrout

NJ LEGAL M1 CARBINE

Interesting. I will call the NJSP on Monday to verify. If so, this could open the flood gates.

ETA: You saw the letter? Who was it from? Any particulars?

Not sure of any names, but I did read the letter, and it was specific for the auto ordinance with the walnut stock, no bayo lug. They had signs up for ordering. I should have spent more time looking at it but my son was itching to shoot.

Price seems a bit high tho...

It's a gun that hasn't been allowed in NJ in 20 years, so expect the dealers to RAPE the pricing. Best bet would be to Gunbroker one and transfer it to an FFL, while explaining to the FFL NJSP's newest interpretation of the law. That, or buy it in PA.

Would be good to have a copy of the letter from NJSP to take/show NJ FFL.

Whoever is going to BA, please make a copy, scan and post link so it can be printed! (I can't until after next week) :dance:

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/PA-1AO_m1.html

Must be this one, on top, MSRP of $899 :shock: I would love to see the letter and see the reason behind ok-ing the AA repro vs. the M1A milsurp. I'd think it cant be just based on the bayonet lug, must be some other differences.

because the Model number is "AOM130" and the reciever is probably marked that way and does not read "US M-1 Carbine"

They are all marked "US Carbine", "Cal 30 M1".

Picky Picky,, you know what i meant.. Are the new manufactured AO's the same way? Since it's also on the website as "California legal" are they banned by name in Ca as well?

Are the new manufactured AO's the same way?

Markings include the following: Auto-Ordnance, Worcester, MA behind the rear sight; U.S. Carbine, Cal. 30 ML on the receiver in front of the bolt and the serial number is engraved on the left side of the receiver.
Since it's also on the website as "California legal" are they banned ny mane in Ca as well?
Banned List from what I can determine

Letter applies to M1 made recently by Auto Ordinance only? If so, that's just too bad! I wish they would allow ANY M1 if it says "M1 CARBINE CAL 30". :cry:

Understood, if bayo lug is present, it will need to be ground off by a NJ FFL. :cry:

There are very nice M1's made by many other manufacturers: Winchester, Plainfield (Dunellen, NJ!),

Ah, OK, I guess the re-interpretatin' of NJ firearms law by the AG and NJSP went our way this time. I have not shot or know anyone who has an AA Carbine, are they any good? One can get 2 or 3 SKS's for $7-800 :think:

Ok, went back with my son tonight shooting. The letter was from the NJSP Firearms Unit. I did not read it again, but asked who is was from.

Paul is right on a fair price.