tbtrout

NJ LEGAL M1 CARBINE

I am so confused right now. When I first read this I was SO excited as I always wanted an "M1" Carbine. My Dad carried that and an M1 Garand in WW2, and what a tribute to him to have them in my collection, and to be able to shoot them regularly.

My confusion stems from the fact that I own "legally" a Colt matchgrade M4 .223, a Mini 14 .223, two 10/22's (the rest of my long guns are bolt action)and I can buy an M1 Garand should I desire. Someone PLEASE explain why an M1 Carbine would be any more of an assault weapon as any of these? I am sure everyone would agree, there is no logic in any of this. I cannot get anyone anywhere to explain this to me. What is the difference between an M1 Carbine and an M1 Garand other than caliber and size?

I can at least see the logic, although I do not agree with the fact that I cannot legally own a Thompson .45 sub machine gun, or an M60 SAW or such. I just follow the law as I always have, but this one has me shaking my head in disbelief and confusion.

I am so confused right now. When I first read this I was SO excited as I always wanted an "M1" Carbine. My Dad carried that and an M1 Garand in WW2, and what a tribute to him to have them in my collection, and to be able to shoot them regularly.

My confusion stems from the fact that I own "legally" a Colt matchgrade M4 .223, a Mini 14 .223, two 10/22's (the rest of my long guns are bolt action)and I can buy an M1 Garand should I desire. Someone PLEASE explain why an M1 Carbine would be any more of an assault weapon as any of these? I am sure everyone would agree, there is no logic in any of this. I cannot get anyone anywhere to explain this to me. What is the difference between an M1 Carbine and an M1 Garand other than caliber and size?

I can at least see the logic, although I do not agree with the fact that I cannot legally own a Thompson .45 sub machine gun, or an M60 SAW or such. I just follow the law as I always have, but this one has me shaking my head in disbelief and confusion.

What makes you think that the Carbine's addition to the AWB was any less Emotionally driven than the REST of the ban??? My OWN opinion is that the Carbine got added because in part to that VERY famous picture of Malcom Shabazz holding one with a 30-rounder inserted looking out a window, during the period his home ws being firebombed. There is NO Legitimate reason the Carbine should have been added to the AWB, but it was, and there it sits to this day. And, thanks to legions of people who had to play, as they put it on Arf, "Helpy McHelperton" and Bombard NJSP with calls about the letter, our chances of getting it taken off the list are now right down the crapper.

because it will open up a can of worms on all the other variants of firearms. Keep in mind, AG is the one that is the bottom line of interpretation.

The argument of "it does not say M1 Carbine on it so it is legal" is a very weak one, and more likely to get unwanted attention on other firearms.

Leave it at that.

why not do a petition for it? I see a few senators and assembly people and might be seeing the Gov shortly.

He's an Anti..no matter what he may tell you to his face. HE appointed a rabidly antigun democrat as the AG, under his watch the Auto-Ordnance Carbine copy was authorized, then rescinded, Direct CMP sales were abolished, and a US-built AK-type rifle was banned. I dont trust Christie as far as I can throw him when it comes to guns.

And JUST to keep it fresh in everyone's mind...

from 1995

Christie1995.jpg

Christie1995001.jpg

(From a Buddy's bucket)

• Like 1

Well, we converted Merkt to our side, I can always hope Christie can be converted.

On second thought I'm more likely to win this game :roulette:

Fatso will only 'convert' after his time as gov is over, and only IF he has national office ambitions. I don't think he will do that though, I still see him wanting to be FBI director or USAG, rather than prez/vp/senator.

For those positions being anti-gun is a plus, to get thru confirmation. At least it will get that tub of lard out of NJ.

Fatso will only 'convert' after his time as gov is over, and only IF he has national office ambitions. I don't think he will do that though, I still see him wanting to be FBI director or USAG, rather than prez/vp/senator.

For those positions being anti-gun is a plus, to get thru confirmation. At least it will get that tub of lard out of NJ.

The only way he's going to get appointed to a high level federal position is if we have a republican prez. Sorry to say, but it's looking at this time like 4 more years of Obama. Christie knows that it's a long shot to defeat Obama, that's why he's not running now. If Christie gets reelected, and then starts talking about being pro 2A, we'll know he's going to run for prez.

The only way he's going to get appointed to a high level federal position is if we have a republican prez. Sorry to say, but it's looking at this time like 4 more years of Obama. Christie knows that it's a long shot to defeat Obama, that's why he's not running now. If Christie gets reelected, and then starts talking about being pro 2A, we'll know he's going to run for prez.

In that case, I wish he'd stop traveling so much. It's screwing up the tides :)