Sign in to follow this  
tuktuk

DRAGOON TULA HEX RECEIVER

yes yes i;ve done it again 8) but i just cudnt help myself. this is i think as close as u can get to a real dragoon without selling a liver 8) 1928 Hex Tula plus some of the weapons my ancestors used in the last century and before that 8)

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

IMG_9709.jpg

IMG_9707.jpg

IMG_9695.jpg

IMG_9694.jpg

Why did i just look over my shoulder and expect Omar Shariff to be standing there????? And why does it smell like camel dung all of a sudden?

DROOL!

ummm dude wat are u talkin about? wat does Omar Sharif got to do with me and my ancestors? and camel dung?

Tuk... hold on. No offense intended. I was referring to the feel of your pictures, that is looked like it came directly from the movie "Lawrence of Arabia". I was making no references towards family or ancestry.

I think the rifle is beautiful, but added to the dagger and saber with the rug background it is a fantastic image that really portrays an impression of being there.

Tuk... hold on. No offense intended. I was referring to the feel of your pictures, that is looked like it came directly from the movie "Lawrence of Arabia". I was making no references towards family or ancestry.

I think the rifle is beautiful, but added to the dagger and saber with the rug background it is a fantastic image that really portrays an impression of being there.

+1 axeman_g, that is how I took the meaning. As much as I like the rifle the sword is what caught my eye.

nobody likes this rifle? nobody wants to comment?

like the rifle... have a 1930 hex myself and just refinished the stock in oil. shellac came off when I was cleaning with windex.

tell us more about the sword and dagger.

the sword is Shashka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashka

and the dagger is Khanjali russians pronounce it kinjal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanjali

Both weapons originated in Caucasus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus

i dont really like the entry on khanjali in wikipedia but its better that nothing. i dont like it cause for some reason it mentions georgia specifically when in fact it originated in mountains of north caucasus with adyghe / circassian ppl then was adopted by all caucasian tribes. and as an article states later adopted by cossacks. as my ancestry comes from both Terek Cossacks and Circassians (with some sephardi mixed in later on 8) both of those weapons hold a special spot in my life as they have strong symbolism behind them. this is a really cool link on making of a dagger, chk it out (watch the video on the bottom) http://www.okknives.com/3.html

# Dragoon Rifle >>>> Intended for use by Dragoons (mounted infantry). 64 mm (2.5 in) shorter and 0.4 kg (0.9 lb) lighter than the M1891. The Dragoon rifle's dimensions are identical to the later M1891/30 rifle, and most Dragoon rifles were eventually reworked into M1891/30s. Most such rifles, known to collectors as "ex-Dragoons", can be identified by their pre-1930 date stampings, but small numbers of Dragoon rifles were produced from 1930 to 1932 and after reworking became impossible to distinguish from purpose-built M1891/30s. Dragoon was sighted with the bayonet attached.

Not a M91 Cossack version but pretty damn close 8)

the rug is Azerbaijani rug given to me by a very dear friend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijani_rug

and let me tell you something most of "Persian" rugs are not Persian at all ;)

8) i know i know. im sorry i kinda overreacted. its just when i read it at 1st i wasnt sure wat u re talkin about. LOL esp with DROOOL at the end. but after i came back to it couple of hours later and re-read it i realized wat u were tryin to say. i guess long hours at work with stupid bosses and my wify at home with: are you on the computer again!?!??!?! come watch "jersey shore" with me, slowly but surely getting to me 8)

tuktuk

the blades are sweet but as far as the gun I need to see the markings so post a picture of the top of the receiver.

B)

unfortunatly i only have one lens and its 28-135mm, so not good for close up shots but i did my best.

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9737.jpg

IMG_9735.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9729.jpg