Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

soon to be a garand owner!

I ordered a springfield garand, service grade and some spam cans from CMP about 10 days ago....AND, my card was charged Saturday!

that means I will have my garand by wednesday!

I am totally psyched!

Wow! That's really quick! They must be basically caught up. When did you get your 'don't bother us' email?

i didn't, i have been checking my card and saw that it went thru saturday, i know from what other say that they ship fedex express FAST after charging you. so....it should be here weds- friday.

Good deal. Just warning you, you'll be checking the estore every hour now.

Well, a great chance for you to try out your new to would be 17 Oct at CJRPC, for the JCG Match. Not sure who else may be going, but I am planning on it, its the last one of the year. They didnt have the SG special when I ordered mine, else I would have picked it.

tsk tsk tsk you could of taken the cmp trip with eric and myself last month and hand picked your own garand.

please post pictures as im curious to the shape that the garands they are sending out come in

congrats on the purchase

haha! I did and I know the serial number...5.82xxx, got the shipping email too!

Very nice! Always loved to see that - now to just wait for that Big White Truck!

Please post pics, I'm curious as well. I received a Springfield Service Grade from them about 2 years back and have been very happy with it. They put new wood on it, but it's a 5 digit s/n, which put it at November 1940. New barrel from 1955 and some other mixed parts, but I bought it to shoot...>Shoots pretty darn well if I do my part.

Heads up for ya. All of the garands I picked up from the cmp about three weeks ago had almost no cosmo on them, until I took the bolt apart. The inside of the bolt was fully caked with the great goo. Because of the garands floating firing pin, if not cleaned the bolt can cause a slamfire situation. Be sure to clean this before firing. Also pics needed ASAP. They are awesome rifles and great pieces of history to boot. You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool thanks. I'll send my order out tomorrow! I haven't ordered a rifle from CMP since they had the mossberg M44US available a couple years ago. It's always an exciting feeling!

Side note, do you go to the school NJIT by chance?

I wonder if (hypothetically, of course) one could ask FedEx to hold your CMP rifles at a FedEx depot for pickup by oneself thus avoiding the FFL dealer. I know people can ask them to hold packages for Pickup and the CMP only ships them as Adult Signature Required. hmmm...

I know that before NJ got involved - I picked up all my rifles from the CMP at Fedex - I was never home during the day to sign.

Also - I went to NJIT as well - and still hate newark.