robs609

Beretta 92 FS on order

Soo. I have not yet recieved my fid or pp's yet but my girlfriend has. We applied the same day but one of my references took a few days to send the paper back in. After some investigation I found out it is waiting to be signed by the cheif. So I went ahead and ordered myself a 9mm beretta 92fs 15rd mags (my first gun).Getting it from budsgunshop.com and it will be shipped to a gunsmith in millville. My girlfriend ordered an Ruger SR9 9mm also from buds. The beretta was 534 with free shipping and they charged me $6 for shipping insurance and $16 for not using cash. The transfer will only cost me $42 so I will be into the gun for under 600. I will post pics when she arives.

Congrats on the order. Have either of you fired the guns you ordered before? If not, I would highly suggest that first. :)

I have shot Neither. I really havent shot that much and didnt see anyone who had them for rent. Well SS had a beretta but it was sent out for repairs. But i love how the Beretta feels in my hand and I like a heavier gun. I know the only way to see if the gun really fits untill you fire it but I just dont have access to try out a bunch of guns. Also I wanted something da/sa heavy and a good price point. I really wanted a sig p226 but too expensive for me right now. This may sound stupid but I also like the fact that our armed forces use the m9 for their side-arm

I would recommend that you come out to a meet or go to SS and rent a multitude of guns. I've fired the Ruger SR9 and did not like it at all, because the trigger pull is very stiff and doesn't feel right to me. I like the Beretta 92FS myself, but after firing the PX4 Storm I went with that. I'm a firm believer in "try before you buy" - especially for pistols!

You will not find a lot of Ruger SR9 fans on this board. That is not to say you shouldn't get it if it works for you. I have taken chances on my fair share of pistols, and have sold more than my fair share as a result of poor fit, bad ergos, etc. I coul've saved myself $$$ if I worked harder to give each a test run first. If I were taking a chance on a gun I never shot, I would do it with the 92FS because of its history and reputation. IMO, the Ruger SR9 doesn't.have a good enough rep to take that chance. For around the same price you could buy a Beretta Storm and be more confident that you are getting a quality pistol that is adjustable to your needs.

I have a 92fs in stainless. I really enjoy the gun. Only two small issues. The first is you should get a "D" spring immediatly. It lightens the first double action shot a lot and then your single action shots a bit too. If you have never shot the gun you will see what I mean after you get it. It's not really a big deal but it does make a big difference. You can get the D spring for 5 bucks plus 3 bucks shipping. Most bang for the buck dollar wise.

The only thing I actually don't like about the gun is that the front sight is a part of the slide and its very narrow. When you line up the post inside the notch of the rear sight there is a lot of space on each side of the post. I have seen a lot of pistols where the front sight fills up the sight picture better. It makes for a lot better accuracy in my opinion.

Other than that it's a great gun. I have put about 1000 rounds thru it and not one jam or misfire yet. It has worked with all the different types of ammo I have fed it as well.

My only other suggestion is to pick up a gun from a local store. The price of Buds is a little lower but you pay the extra fees to use a CC and then you have to pay FFL transfer fees. A local gun shop might even take a few bucks off if you show them the advertisment.

My only other suggestion is to pick up a gun from a local store. The price of Buds is a little lower but you pay the extra fees to use a CC and then you have to pay FFL transfer fees. A local gun shop might even take a few bucks off if you show them the advertisment.

It really depends on what your buying, Most of the beretta's are heavily discounted on buds, but not sure about the others. Most 92's go for about 100 bucks more in store then online, and they have shipping built into the price. It also depends on where your shipping it to and how much they charge for transfers. If you find your only saving a few bucks then it is in my opinion better to support the local guys, but then again they probably make the same profit margins by charging transfer fees. Then you have to think about tax. When i went to buy my beretta it came out to 750 at the store out the door. I ordered it from buds and had the gun for $630 out the door and i got the more expensive model, store price was for a 92fs, but i ordered the m9a1 from buds, so i got an even better deal. I could have paid even less if i went the cash route with buds, but i didnt want to wait and paid the 3% with a CC.

My Beretta has knoocked off the Glock 34 as my favorite 9mm pistol. It's a Steel I, which is variation on a 92FS. It is a single action only, with a frame mounted thumb safety (not decocker). My thumb never reached the slide mounted decocker on the 92FS very well. The frame is made out of steel instead of aluminum, and the front sights can be swapped out. Recoil is non-existent and followup shots are a breeze. My only complaint is that I prefer the regular 92FS contoured grip to the Vertec one this comes with.

And it's shiny. :)

BerettaSteelI002.jpg

BerettaSteelI001.jpg

If you have a large grip, 92FS would be perfect. I have a Taurus 92AFS in SS (same design). Also, the SR9, although not popular here (Ray Ray is the lone ranger ...) is a nice gun - like all Rugers, well built and they stand behind their products.

Enjoy!

Also, the SR9, although not popular here (Ray Ray is the lone ranger ...) is a nice gun - like all Rugers, well built and they stand behind their products.

Enjoy!

Um, me and Scottcba1 !!!