fliks

Rock Clubs in Central NJ

We haven't lived in NJ for too long and weren't "young and childless" in this area - so we're not familiar with Rock venues around here.

Other than say the "Stone Pony" are there any clubs in NJ (Central NJ especially) that play Rock music? preferably not that "emo" stuff that the Hot Topic kids listen to these days, but the older stuff... Maybe like Metallica or Rammstein ... or a bit lighter, like Nirvana or Chili Peppers or whatnot... am I asking for too much? The wifey has been dying to "go out and dance" for some time now, so I gotta oblige.

Thanks guys!

We haven't lived in NJ for too long and weren't "young and childless" in this area - so we're not familiar with Rock venues around here.

Other than say the "Stone Pony" are there any clubs in NJ (Central NJ especially) that play Rock music? preferably not that "emo" stuff that the Hot Topic kids listen to these days, but the older stuff... Maybe like Metallica or Rammstein ... or a bit lighter, like Nirvana or Chili Peppers or whatnot... am I asking for too much? The wifey has been dying to "go out and dance" for some time now, so I gotta oblige.

Thanks guys!

Most of the smaller venues closed down. Only place that will have popular music is the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville. Well that is the only one I know of anyway.

Does it have to be mainstream or can it be cover bands/etc?

Try the Colorado Cafe in Watchung. They have cover bands on Fridays and other rock bands on Saturdays.

And you can ride the mechanical bull. Yee Haw! :)

As for towns with decent bars that also have music, you might try Red Bank. It's a fun town with good restaurants.

thanks guys! I'll take any suggestions.... it doesn't have to be anything.

local bands, cover bands, a DJ spinning Rock music - just not the "Top 40" type of crap... the wifey, she likes industrial metal - NIN, Rammstein, stuff like that. I like the classic rock and old heavy metal. we both like '90s alternative. we were never "goth vampire wannabees" or anything like that

I looked at the Starland web site. can't go wrong with a place that hosts Bad Religion & Atreyu. Red Bank is nice, we've taken a walk through the town a while back ate at a nice pizza place, etc. but it's more in your neighborhood, Chris - too far a drive for a date (but not too far to purchase firearms :icon_e_wink:)

my incentive here is: I'll take her out dancing, she'll be more receptive to coming with me to shoot. I want her at least familiar enough with the PX4 to use it in an HD situation if god forbid it becomes necessary.

Does it have to be mainstream or can it be cover bands/etc?

Try the Colorado Cafe in Watchung. They have cover bands on Fridays and other rock bands on Saturdays.

Nick, have you been there? is it very "Country Western"? how about this band Trippin' Carla? anyone seen them? I done did some googlin' and they seem like a versatile cover band. I think we may have a winner for next Saturday nite :icon_e_biggrin:

the court tavern in new brunswick

My favorite part about the Court was their jukebox. All the choices are blank. You would have to pick randomly. When I would hear a song I liked, I would run up to the machine and try to remember the code so I could put it in when I picked my songs. It made for some disjointed background music.