dpas1973

NcSTAR scope

my personal experience as a user is non-existent as I have never personally used the product.. but generally speaking I have seen their products reviewed in a pretty poor light.. I have handled one scope and it felt similar in quality to "chinese airsoft goods".. not a product I would bet my life on.. but maybe worth trying as an inexpensive optic for a low recoil weapon?

I generally buy quality when it comes to optics, because if its not holding zero you are just wasting time and money... to be blunt I purchased a used Leupold scope for a little more than what you paid for that.. and while it doesnt have any fancy lasers it has held zero on my AR chambered in 308, that is an optic I would bet my life on..

Are you buying a scope for shooting indoor at 25 yards or outdoor?

In the sub 300 range.... look at Nikon, SWFA SS 10x, Mueller (not bad), Bushnell Elite, Burris,

It is all about the quality of the glass and if it is blurry as heck at full magnification. Here is a moto I loved to learn.... Buy once, cry once.

Glass should be ideally at least 50% of the cost of the rifle?

• Like 1

Are you buying a scope for shooting indoor at 25 yards or outdoor?

In the sub 300 range.... look at Nikon, SWFA SS 10x, Mueller (not bad), Bushnell Elite, Burris,

It is all about the quality of the glass and if it is blurry as heck at full magnification. Here is a moto I loved to learn.... Buy once, cry once.

Glass should be ideally at least 50% of the cost of the rifle?

to be honest idk **** about optics so i rush into things and settle. No one i know is really into guns so i have no one to ask. thats how i found and joined this site. I baught all this gun stuff not knowing whats good or bad lol. I didnt read any reviews.

to be honest idk **** about optics so i rush into things and settle. No one i know is really into guns so i have no one to ask. thats how i found and joined this site. I baught all this gun stuff not knowing whats good or bad lol. I didnt read any reviews.

the rush in buy and investigate later is not a good philosophy when it comes to firearms.. as far as not having anyone? now you have a room full of people more than willing to help.. while our opinions may vary most of us are here to help and will only offer the best advise as we see it.. so ask questions.. read up.. and buy once from now on.. :icon_e_biggrin:

I had a nc star scope on my beretta storm cx4 for years and it worked great. Never had a problem. I wasn't storming houses with swat or taking down south American drug lords. All I did was shoot paper targets at a range and it worked fine. But nothing beats an acog if you wanna spend the money.

I cheaped out and didn't get the acog. I figured by getting a trijicon 3x9x40, I could at least swap it to another rifle if I cose to sell my AR.

I like my scope and it's great, but after messing with Antonio's at the forum shoot, I am jonesing again. It cost a lot, but it was great. It's also lighter than my scope.

i have one on my storm 9mm for prob 500 rounds. i used it for 2 3 gun matches and punching paper. no issues whatsoever i have the 1.5-6 i think and its a decent scope. i just threw it on a new ar upper(just temporarily for a match in 2 weeks). now i have cheap scopes for distance 6-25 and a 10-40 and they both blow its hard to get a good sight picture.

My experience with NcStar is that they are good for rifles with very little recoil. I have one on a 10-22 that holds zero and allows me to hit pennies at 100 yards. When i tried it on my 308 it did not hold zero so or has found a perminant home on the 10-22. I did try it on my AR but had a cheap mount. I don't know if the issues were the scope, the mount or a combination of both.