mike

uspsa @old bridge 10/24 registration open

i'm thinking of signing up online to be a uspsa member.

Going to sign up for the associate membership which is $25.

It asks if anyone referred me.

I'd be happy to put someone down if you members get incentives for it.

I would need your member number, first and last name.

First to PM me will be my referral.

If I get no hits for it within the next day I'm just going to sign up without one.

I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to this match and be a USPSA member prior to it.

i'm thinking of signing up online to be a uspsa member.

Going to sign up for the associate membership which is $25.

It asks if anyone referred me.

I'd be happy to put someone down if you members get incentives for it.

I would need your member number, first and last name.

First to PM me will be my referral.

If I get no hits for it within the next day I'm just going to sign up without one.

I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to this match and be a USPSA member prior to it.

Dont register online. Pointless. Register at the first match you go to and you shoot the match for free.

USPSA registration is $40, for membership and magazine. Most of all, your scores count towards classifiers. Not sure on associate membership.

Deni - just join USPSA when you go to your first match. It was $40 total for me - for the USPSA registration and the match registration.

Dont register online. Pointless. Register at the first match you go to and you shoot the match for free.

USPSA registration is $40, for membership and magazine. Most of all, your scores count towards classifiers. Not sure on associate membership.

Online it says associate membership is everything but the magazine.

But if the $40 fee on the day of the match includes everything including the match then that's the way I'm gonna go

Yep. $40, they register you and you shoot the match for free.

Here is the key though... it would be $40 for you anyway...

* Associate memberships are available to US residents who share a household with a non-associate US members.

Associate members are entitled to all benefits of USPSA membership, but do not receive a copy of Front Sight magazine.

I would bring 200-250 rounds just to be sure. I shot 150 at CJ and there is an extra stage or two at OB. Bring 5 mags, borrow from Tommy.

Oh dude. Don't even get me started on those mags. I left them with Chuck Monday night to have Chris put in Tommy's case. They're MIA right now. Ugh. :facepalm:

God I hope my BladeTech comes in by then. I ordered it on 9/20. Still not here.

Thanks for the info guys.

200-250 rounds is a good number to bring. Helps if you miss on steel, re-shoots, and whatever else pops up. If you are shooting production, single stack, or limited 10, bring 6 mags, 5 for stage and 1 for barney. (1 in gun to start and 4 on belt)

200-250 rounds is a good number to bring. Helps if you miss on steel, re-shoots, and whatever else pops up. If you are shooting production, single stack, or limited 10, bring 6 mags, 5 for stage and 1 for barney. (1 in gun to start and 4 on belt)

Cool, thanks. Looks like I'll be dipping into my change jar to buy some stuff. When does it start getting cheaper? :(

It doesn't get cheaper, but you can keep it from getting crazy by making "smart" purchases. Ask around, try stuff out and buy it once. Don't buy things because they are tactic-cool and what not. If you plan on shooting USPSA or IDPA, get the best equipment for what you want that fits you best.

It doesn't get cheaper, but you can keep it from getting crazy by making "smart" purchases. Ask around, try stuff out and buy it once. Don't buy things because they are tactic-cool and what not. If you plan on shooting USPSA or IDPA, get the best equipment for what you want that fits you best.

Thanks. That's what I'm trying to do. I think I made a solid purchase on the holster. Not sure what to do about mag holders just yet and was thinking CR Speed belt down the line. My only concern at this point is not knowing if there are certain equipment restrictions in certain matches or classes. Know what I mean? So I'm apprehensive to buy anything. lol

I believed you said you ordered a blade tech? If so that is probably (for now) the best option to get. DOH, with teklock is the way to go. For mag pouches, it depends on taste and how much you are willing to spend there are many options. I HIGHLY recommend a CR speed belt or something similar because you can set up your belt to your preference, and it will always be the same when you put it on. Also it provides a solid base for your rig and limit the play a conventional belt will have. Don't hesitate to ask questions about gear and stuff. I'm sure members of the forum and myself can provide you with some decent answers that can help you along. One more thing, what type of gun are planning to use? I only ask because if your holster or mag pouches are not in, I can get you some gear to try out if you need.

I believed you said you ordered a blade tech? If so that is probably (for now) the best option to get. DOH, with teklock is the way to go. For mag pouches, it depends on taste and how much you are willing to spend there are many options. I HIGHLY recommend a CR speed belt or something similar because you can set up your belt to your preference, and it will always be the same when you put it on. Also it provides a solid base for your rig and limit the play a conventional belt will have. Don't hesitate to ask questions about gear and stuff. I'm sure members of the forum and myself can provide you with some decent answers that can help you along. One more thing, what type of gun are planning to use? I only ask because if your holster or mag pouches are not in, I can get you some gear to try out if you need.

Ron,

I can't make the Old Bridge outing because of multiple weddings. I am interested in attending the next one, wherever it is held. I have a Beretta Steel I (92FS single action with steel frame and frame mounted thumb safety) that I think would be a good candidate (I also have a Glock 34 that would probably fit the bill). What would you recommend as a starter kit (holster, belt, mag pouches, and anything else I am forgetting), knowing that I might wish to upgrade in the near future? Thanks.