CageFighter

my 3 PP & FID are in!

just got a call from the detective and my FID & 3 PP are in! gonna be there @ 9am to pick em up w/ my $11. i cant wait! now, the fun begins. WTF am i gonna buy for my 1st handgun and FROM WHO? decisions, decisions, decisions!

Where are you located, and are you looking for new, used, pistol, revolver? Let us know. We pretty much span the state and can point you in the direction of good stores/vendors for what you want.

Guest megaman

You should also take a class to learn how to shoot those puppies correctly if you have not already.

Yeah, what do you want? Or need?

want/need FN SCAR-17S (shtf insurance)

maybe a glock 19/23

glock 26/27

and who knows whats next?

if i get the 9mm, then my last permit may be for a sig p229 .40cal w/ extra .22 conversion.

was also thinking a Ruger LCR or sumthing like it. my bro has a S&W 640 centennial revlvr.

i took the 1st steps class w/ Gun4hire, already.

how much recoil does the 23 have over the 19? are you quick on the follow up shots?

I have owned both. I much prefer the 19, although (as a disclaimer) I generally prefer 9mm guns over 40S&W. I found the 23 to be very snappy and slower to be back on target, and I am a big dude and am not recoil averse. Without a compensator on the 23, I don't think they are close.

I have a Glock 22 in .40s&w and it has a lot of recoil. If you're looking for a compact try out the Glock 19. It's the gun I should have bought. I also like the XD service. It has a 4" barrel like the Glock 19. Just make sure you shoot the model you're looking at before you buy it.

Mods this thread should be moved out of bucket 3.

Dont buy a gun without shooting it. =) that is the best advice I can give. "Feeling" the gun in a store, while better than buying it sight unseen, is still a horrible way to buy a gun. Glocks in particular have a great habit of "feeling great" at the store, until you go to the range and realize it hurts your hand to shoot it.

Dont buy a gun without shooting it. =) that is the best advice I can give. "Feeling" the gun in a store, while better than buying it sight unseen, is still a horrible way to buy a gun. Glocks in particular have a great habit of "feeling great" at the store, until you go to the range and realize it hurts your hand to shoot it.

Toughen up Maks. :)

...so what do you have for me to try?? :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

If you make it to Shore Shot on a Tuesday night, I can bring:

Glock 34 (9mm)

Beretta Steel I (9mm)

S&W Model 28 (357mag)

Dan Wesson CBOB (10mm)

Ruger Blackhawk (10mm)

If you plan to make it, let me know and I'll bring the one you want to shoot.