matt6669

Getting a duplicate FID

Does anyone know whether or not if you apply for a duplicate FID card if you have to turn in your old one before being issued your new one?

Apparently West Milford PD requires that you turn in your old FID card along with your paperwork thus making you without a FID card for the however long it takes to get your new FID card. This sounds crazy!!

Does anyone know whether or not if you apply for a duplicate FID card if you have to turn in your old one before being issued your new one?

Apparently West Milford PD requires that you turn in your old FID card along with your paperwork thus making you without a FID card for the however long it takes to get your new FID card. This sounds crazy!!

I was asked to do the same when I moved. I pushed them a little and they agreed to let me keep my old card until my new card was issued.

The way I put it was... "you're saying I'm going to have several firearms in my house without any form of Firearm ID Card??? Try to voice your concern about possessing firearms without proof that you can possess them. Legally you wont be able to buy guns/ammo until you get a new FID anyway(FID/DL address won't match)

"you're saying I'm going to have several firearms in my house without any form of Firearm ID Card???

How did I manage to do it for 12 years without a mental breakdown? Oh, right, I didn't have a breakdown because it's completely legal to have firearms in your home without a firearms PURCHASER ID card.

• Like 1

How did I manage to do it for 12 years without a mental breakdown? Oh, right, I didn't have a breakdown because it's completely legal to have firearms in your home without a firearms PURCHASER ID card.

The only issue i see is buying ammo.

:facepalm:

Yes, thank you Captain Obvious. I was simply giving Matt a suggestion on what to tell the PD when they ask him to surrender the FID card.

Years ago my wife washed my first FPID (which the local PD told me I could not laminate), turned it into a ball of dryer lint. When I went to the PD to apply for a replacement they told me they needed the old one back first... I had to go through great pains to explain that it was gone and if I had it to give to them I wouldn't be spending money for a replacement.

Working for a large corporation’s security department, I am amazed on a daily basis at the trivial crap people do that gets them terminated. Then you see some of the people working in government and realize that they are completely unemployable in the private sector. Needless to say my current FPID is laminated; I'd rather deal with someone whining about that then to argue against stupidity again.