krak256

Still no progress on FID

I got fingerprinted oct 9 and submitted my paperwork that day for my FID and 4 permits. The detective that was handling it was out, so another detective took the papers. So far, it's been 2.5 weeks and my references haven't received letters and I haven't heard a word from Paramus PD. Anything I can do?

Keep calling them. Ask for specifics - when the references were mailed, ask to confirm the addresses they were going to. Don't take vague brush-offs for an answer. If you don't incessantly remind your PD of your existence, things will rarely move anywhere. Cops loathe paperwork (who doesn't?), and can make mistakes.

If all else fails, contact an attorney to expedite the process.

Finally got word. They have my application and they know I've been calling about it. They're low on man power supposedly and FIDs are low on their priority list. Refereneces should be sent out this week and they still have to do some checks.

What the heck.... Anything I can do to expedite the process? I don want to wait 3 months. Should I hire a lawyer?

Finally got word. They have my application and they know I've been calling about it. They're low on man power supposedly and FIDs are low on their priority list. Refereneces should be sent out this week and they still have to do some checks.

What the heck.... Anything I can do to expedite the process? I don want to wait 3 months. Should I hire a lawyer?

But I'm mad now!

I got fingerprinted oct 9 and submitted my paperwork that day for my FID and 4 permits. The detective that was handling it was out, so another detective took the papers. So far, it's been 2.5 weeks and my references haven't received letters and I haven't heard a word from Paramus PD. Anything I can do?

Hey, i saw that youre dealing with paramus. Im doing the same atm. not an easy town to work with. its been 4 weeks since i dropped everything off and the letters didnt even get sent out yet.

Mine took 8 weeks to the day, stay patient!

My buddy applied for his first permit to purchase today in Ridgewood. I told him to apply for 3. The desk officer said it's pointless, and should only apply for one. I told him, and someone else on the line said to apply for 3. Then the officer said things would get: " Started in a week, because of the Brady Law." I couldn't believe my ears. Making crap up as they go along....unbelievable.

Guest megaman

Took me about 3 months total. So far with each permit to purchase, there has been some mix up resulting in delays. Frusturating to say the least.

Thats because the officer who now does them seems to wait 3 weeks to send out references then tells you the hospital is holding it up...am I right CELRAY? We are in the same city...

I stayed on that guy like a hawk. Finally 60 days later they came through with the permits.

Permits shouldn't take longer than a month. If they do, it's the PD holding them up. I know people in 2 other towns that wait the same length of time. My references receive the letters usually a few days after I apply. One time permits were ready in 3 weeks, but I think that was a fluke.

Permits shouldn't take longer than a month. If they do, it's the PD holding them up. I know people in 2 other towns that wait the same length of time. My references receive the letters usually a few days after I apply. One time permits were ready in 3 weeks, but I think that was a fluke.

True, I was just issued my permits in 5 weeks, but everything was ready in about 4. I think they just like to hold onto them until the HAVE to give them to you. Attorney called them and I had them the next day.

I recently applied for 3 permits in Teaneck and got a call 35 days later that they were ready. I was pleasantly surprised. When I applied for my FID it took 2 months. Last year I applied for three permits and it took 6 months. I was thinking that, just maybe, local PDs are making an effort to get these things out more quickly in light of the changed legal environment (ie, pending SAF lawsuit and threats of others). But sounds like things haven't improved in other places.

It's been almost 8 weeks for me since I put in my app for an address change on my FID and 2 Pistol Permits... My references didn't even receive their letters until the 6th week, but they were great with filling out the questionaires and sending them back the same day they got them. I called teh NJSP a couple of days ago and they told me that I should hopefully have my updated FID and 2 Permits within the next couple of weeks. That would put me at about 10 weeks total waiting time! Damn, I can't wait to get everything so I can go shopping!

I know the waiting sucks. Last time in Jackson I waited a little over 90 days. I am submitting for another three next week just so I have some on hand. I want to see how long it takes if I don't call every three weeks after 45 days elapse. Good luck... Maybe they'll be here in time for Christmas...

I called last week for a status and nobody called me back. I guess they don't like me. :icon_e_biggrin:

This post motivated me to call back again today and ask what the deal is with my permits. $5 says they don't call back, again....

The pistol permit process is handled by the chiefs secretary in our town. I can call her any time and she returns my calls. I can also stop down and see her if needed. At least we have someone to handle it. That's probably why my references receive the form within a few days.