JonF

Anyone want to go in on a montana gold order?

I'm looking to buy some 125gr .357 JHP's and 158gr .357 JHP's for 38/357. Maybe some 240gr JSP 44 mags as well. I'd like to order the case quantity for the discount but don't need 8000 bullets right now. Anyone want to go in on some bullet buys?

i may be in depending how much for how many and how many people go in

what exact calibers are you looking for and how many do you want?

For most of the MG bullets, they sell by the 1000 but there is no discount. If you buy a case (2-3000 depending on size of caliber), there are substantial discounts to be had and in the past, folks will buy a case and split it up in roughly 1000 bullet groups.

I'd buy and split one case, maybe two with some firm commitment from someone here whose rep i know, but there's no way in hell i'm fronting $1800 worth of bullets for random dudes on the net. are you crazy? :icon_lol:

get together, and collect cash up front. I ordered 30 cases from MG via JJ Racaza (sponsored shooter) and even with his discount we paid more. But whats a few bucks more per case when you are spending over $8k? And yes like Maks said those bullets go quick. Simple math using my shooting as an example; 9mm case of 124gr JHP has 3750 heads per. 2-3matches a month X @200 per match = @600 per month. A case "should" give me about 6 months worth of shooting. Not including practice or plinking at the range. (can't seem to find time to do either) But if I did have the time or shot some steel, I could easily go through 1200-1500 rounds a month.

They are not going to discount a product that they can barely keep in stock. Again I ordered 30 cases and the discount was not substantial. Several years ago we ordered 35k heads from west coast bullets (plated crap) and we saved around $10-$15 per thousand. But these days with the price of metal so high, most companies that sell heads are asking a lot of money. In '06 I was paying $150 average for a case of MG, today that price is almost double. I shoot lead in my .45 to save money, but everything else gets a steady diet of MG. It is a huge dent in my wallet, I guess that's why I don't practice as much as I would like to. Don't even get me started on primers. :icon_mad: