StephanieSeven

Cabela's Meetup, Sat. 1/29/2011

21 all the way? mapquest says 80 to 287. you dont want to get stuck down in the newark area messing around with 21.

21 on a saturday morning (i think everyone plans to leave early to get there by 9am) is not bad.

Nobody wants to do any shooting at Firing Line before we go home?

What kind of a meet is this? :D

I find this curious. Nobody wants to meet at the range and do some shooting after Cabelas?

Firing Line is a straight shot off of Route 22, only a couple miles. For those coming in on 78, heading back east 33 takes you straight back to 78 at 65 mph with no stop lights. Range fees are $15/hr Man 1 and $12 for the second guy in the lane.

http://www.pleoa.com/firingline.html

They allow anything in pistol caliber. Including rifles in pistol caliber. Including full auto and silencers.

Seriously, I've never heard of a 2A meet where nobody wanted to shoot after the meet. There's gotta be a reason for it that I'm missing.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

What Tony said. We can shoot in Jersey, it's actually still legal.

OK, I understand. I figured you guys would be going out there early and have plenty of time.

The funny thing is, I'm probably shooting twice that day. Before Cabelas and after. I'll post video from when I meet a friend at Firing Line after Cabelas. No crying allowed when you see the vid! "There's no crying" in shooting ;)

My morning shoot was - well, complicated. Since I wanted to shoot with you guys me and my buddies were running to an outdoor range in the morning. Only a one guy was going to Firing Line.

Since nobody from NJ wants to shoot at Firing Line (I've been begging you guys for two weeks), I relented and we canceled the morning shoot. Half the guys aren't coming but the other half are coming to Firing Line. So I'm not really going to be able to bring a whole bunch of you guys there because I'm going to be there with a number of people. If somebody wants to come you can pick a moderator or something.

We will be there with a number of fully automatic submachineguns and suppressed handguns of various sorts. And, I haven't broken out the .22 kit for the M16 in almost 6 months. What a shame. So, I will be bringing it with the drums and also mags.

I only have one set of videos from the range. It's kind of stupid to do vids at indoor ranges, but this was just after the AM-180 adapter came out for the M16 and we were all trying to get them running and document the results. So this gives you a little idea of what the range looks like if you guys ever stop by.

Hey Guys I really want to try and make it to this meet but is anyone in the Toms River area carpooling because it isnt worth it to drive myself!!!

Oh and Mipafox those are some sick guns!!!!!

it IS worth it, come on up!

We don't need you. Kristen is still coming, right? LOL

My wife his her own person, you'd need to pose that question to her. I would venture a guess that she wouldn't be going though, as she likes to sleep late ;)

Well, I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't go that way ;), my daughter will also be around. The two of them like to sleep late and I think there's a better chance of snow in hell then them going to Cabela's.

My daughter looks at Cabela's like Home Depot and would rather watch paint dry. :D

Tempting, but I've dropped over $2k this month on toys and need to let the slush fun build up again. Cabela's would force me to use plastic and put me in the red. Unlike our government, I don't spend what I don't have.

Are all you guys renting a short yellow bus for the ride? If so, I'd change my mind. I love being a window licker on the short bus.

There's still space in my short bus.. Hoping to meet at the Clifton Commons.

My daily bus is my Suburban 2500 with an economy 7.4L in it, complete with Punisher Logo's on my wheel hubs. I'm special all around. :facepalm: