16 members have voted

1. 1. Do i contact the chief of police?

exactly!

I am more concerned about inquiring about the forms sent to my employer...I will contact the chief but possibly after i get these permits.

I really don't understand why forms are being sent to your employer. They have no right to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they sent forms to my employer and they were not standard forms asking if i was employed and for how long they were the exact same forms sent to my personal refercence. My HR department refused to fill them out on the advise of their attorney who stated they cannot legally answer them. They did write me a letter which they returned to the PD.

I know this was BS so i called the SP, they kind of laughed it off and said the officers were just doing as the Chief requested and to speak to the detectives and it would be ok... OK? OK? Violate the laws and it will be ok...

IS this worth fighting?

I was in PA on sunday with a friend who lives there, we stopped to buy ammo on the way to the range, he saw a pistol he liked, asked to see it, decided to pruchase it, pulled out his Drivers Liscence, 15 minutes later we walked out the door with the gun and ammo...

This makes me wonder why i still reside in this state?

Agree with using any approach you can to keep you valid, however, and I'm playing Devils Advocate here, we need to remember the "red Flag" we've heard about. I applied for 5 permits this time, with focus on extension to keep me valid for 6 months. The Detectives didn't like it and they let me know it. Both used sarcasm, but they got their point across letting me know that 5 permits seemed unusual to them.

Sarcasm can be a two way street. Just tell them 5 does seem unusual when you should have put in for 6, then ask him if you can borrow the extra two bucks. :icon_e_biggrin:

Smartass cops like to bully and intimidate. Look him in the eye to let him know your not interested in playing today. He is trained to read your body language. You can let him know your not interested in his abuse because his life sucks just by the way you present yourself.

Note:The above doesn't apply to traffic stops. :icon_lol:

Agree with using any approach you can to keep you valid, however, and I'm playing Devils Advocate here, we need to remember the "red Flag" we've heard about. I applied for 5 permits this time, with focus on extension to keep me valid for 6 months. The Detectives didn't like it and they let me know it. Both used sarcasm, but they got their point across letting me know that 5 permits seemed unusual to them.

Last time I applied for 10 permits, they were a little shocked and then asked if I was going to use all of them. I responed that I already had 7 pistols waiting at the FFL.

I have noticed that what was 4 weeks has turned into 5-6 weeks - budget cuts = staff cuts.

Is there any consistency with NJ gun laws when it comes to getting a permit to purchase a handgun?

with the LAWS?? yes..the problem is that individual Chiefs are allowed to "Interpret" them as they see fit. Which is why it can be two weeks in one town, and the next town over is six months.

Last time I applied for 10 permits, they were a little shocked and then asked if I was going to use all of them. I responed that I already had 7 pistols waiting at the FFL.

I have noticed that what was 4 weeks has turned into 5-6 weeks - budget cuts = staff cuts.

Hell you can apply for 20 permits, but your just wasting money, or rather just handing over 2 extra dollars per permit over 6. Of those 10 permits you can only use 6, when they come in you can automatically rip up 4 of them. And make sure you get the extension on 3 of them, and make sure the extension process in your town doent take long either as you may waste another permit depending on timing.

Hell you can apply for 20 permits, but your just wasting money, or rather just handing over 2 extra dollars per permit over 6. Of those 10 permits you can only use 6, when they come in you can automatically rip up 4 of them. And make sure you get the extension on 3 of them, and make sure the extension process in your town doent take long either as you may waste another permit depending on timing.

Not true if you file for the exemption.

Didn't waste any - went for and received two exemptions with these permits.

I didn't realize it was that easy to get a certificate of exemption...What the hell was the point of the 30 day law, man this state is tarted.

The point of the law was to get Corzine reelected - we see now how well that worked.

Even the state police realize the 30 day rule was unnecessary, straw purchases are not a problem in NJ.

It just creates another layer of BS to go through when making purchases.