Sign in to follow this  
kenw

You know what, you know where - Sunday 11/21

We usually get there around 1. I'm questionable for tomorrow, something may have come up that I need to do, but it's open shooting. If you go, just introduce yourself to Pete.

SORRY, can't make it today. Ignore message below.

I will need some help getting to this place ... I am using google maps to see how to get to Sparta, NJ (1 hour 15mins). I am not familiar with that area at all.

What street address should I plug in to get me close by? Then I can jot down the directions from the other thread.

Please PM me with your phone #s so I can call if I get lost! Since we are meeting at 1pm, I will leave home at 11:30am.

Question about shot size. I will be bringing Remington 1100 with 28" barrel, has a multi-choke on it. I have never used it for skeet, just used it at an indoor range when I bought it used.

I have tried skeet about 8 rounds, so I am a noob at this and so far I have sucked:icon_redface: so no laughing!

I haveabout 95 rounds #6 load shot shells, but I think that may not be a good shot size for skeet. I used #7.5 when I was in MN trying out skeet.

What size would you guys suggest for the Remington 1100 with 28" barrel? I haven't had a chance to pattern it using various load sizes.

I will go to Dick's tomorrow if they have the size you will recommend, but if they don't have it, I would have to to buy from you ... so bring extra shells.

There is no street address. The directions should bring you right to the parking lot with no problems. I don't know where you're coming from, but an hour and 15 minutes each way to shoot trap in the cold for a couple of hours seems counterproductive. I'm not sure anyone else from the NJGF group will be there today. That may or may not matter to you. The field is only 15 minutes from me, and I won't know if I'm going until the last minute. If it's gonna be too cold for me to enjoy my time outside, I'll just stay home.

Anyway, # 7 1/2 or 8 shot is fine, anything larger isn't permitted. The trap field is open from around noon till whenever they decide to shut the place down, usually around 4, but earlier if there's no activity.

maps.google >>>>>> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116381779640412374343.0004813ce9497f18f4bb4&z=17

Like Ken says...... nothing larger then #7 shot..... I wont be there either this week.

Trap starts at 1pm..... I wouldnt try the skeet 1st time there..... especially with a semi. , the regulars might give you the evil eye.....lol

Absolutely, no one else will ride with me. I think it is personal.

I will ride with you ...

Can we make plans for this long weekend? I am off Thursday and Friday as well! Woo Hoo:icon_e_biggrin:

I will ride with you ...

Can we make plans for this long weekend? I am off Thursday and Friday as well! Woo Hoo:icon_e_biggrin:

I am not heading up anytime soon. Probably not till spring when I recover.

All the same, it is worth the drive up. You should definately go if you can.