Regulator72

Florida CCW tracking

Where did you go to get your prints done? I had my prints reaccomplished about a month ago by Morpho for my FID. Will FL accept these from Morpho?

Spectre

Most of us in this thread, attended a NJ2AS Meeting that Gun for Hire & NJ2AS organized to assist in the process. Old post..

Where did you go to get your prints done? I had my prints reaccomplished about a month ago by Morpho for my FID. Will FL accept these from Morpho?

Spectre

If you have a completed fingerprint card i would assume so, you can call and ask. their is also a dedline from the date on the fingerprint card that fl will accept..

Spectre

I had my local PD do it for me free of charge. Good question about digital prints. Are Sagem morpho prints "reusable"? Can they send them to an agency that would accept them? Would I have to get them taken again for a job even though I had them taken for my FID?

I mailed mine on 2/25/2011 regular mail. Called the FL automated system and punched in my tracking number. They said they received it and the application was in process. Three weeks to go.<BR><BR>3/12/2011 - FL cashed my check on 3/10/11.<BR><BR>3/25/2011 - The automated site indicated tonight that processing times are running 6 to 8 weeks.

What is the benefit in having other states in addition to FL?

• Different states have different reciprocity agreements, so it is possible to be able to carry in more states than those that the FL permit offers. For example, UT gets you MN, which FL does not.
  • If you have different permits that expire at different times, you're less likely to find yourself in a pickle if you forget to renew one.
  • Reciprocity agreements change sometimes. It's possible to lose a state on one permit but keep it on another.
  • The more permits you have, the more likely you are to pick up a new state as the result of a new reciprocity agreement.

These are the ones you can get through the mail:

FL, UT, AZ, VA, CT, NH, ME

• Different states have different reciprocity agreements, so it is possible to be able to carry in more states than those that the FL permit offers. For example, UT gets you MN, which FL does not.
  • If you have different permits that expire at different times, you're less likely to find yourself in a pickle if you forget to renew one.
  • Reciprocity agreements change sometimes. It's possible to lose a state on one permit but keep it on another.
  • The more permits you have, the more likely you are to pick up a new state as the result of a new reciprocity agreement.

These are the ones you can get through the mail:

FL, UT, AZ, VA, CT, NH, ME

Do you know if there is a chart anywhere that would tell me what each state's non-resident permit gives you access to so I can prioritize which ones I should get and in which order? And what about South Carolina? It's not covered by FL but I have relatives in the Hilton Head area.

Do you know if there is a chart anywhere that would tell me what each state's non-resident permit gives you access to so I can prioritize which ones I should get and in which order? And what about South Carolina? It's not covered by FL but I have relatives in the Hilton Head area.

LMGTFY...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

LMGTFY?

That's a great site. Looks like with FL I will need MD and SC in order to cover the eastern seaboard from NJ to FL. Looks like SC's non-resident form requires you to own real property in the state to qualify.

I should probably look into CT, RI, MA to cover me from Boston to FL. NY & NJ may be impossible to get. It looks like NY does not have non-resident permits.

LMGTFY?

That's a great site. Looks like with FL I will need MD and SC in order to cover the eastern seaboard from NJ to FL. Looks like SC's non-resident form requires you to own real property in the state to qualify.

I should probably look into CT, RI, MA to cover me from Boston to FL. NY & NJ may be impossible to get. It looks like NY does not have non-resident permits.

Out of all of those, you can only get CT.

MD is impossible (need "good and substantial reasons," "documented threats," etc.).. SC requires real property ownership in the state. RI you must have a business or residence. NY, you must be a resident or be "principally employed" in the state and a NY permit is not good in NYC. You must have a NYC permit to carry in the five boroughs (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island). MA has had some recent changes so there are still questions about whether or not there is a way through the application process for a Non-res. I have heard that it's not impossible to get a restricted permit. Not sure about an unrestricted one.