Radek

New baby is home

Picked up from axeman_g (Gerry) today. It's a Springfield 1943 (probably seen action!), Finnish Danish re-barreled. Below are pics Gerry sent me. I will take few more pics and post. I will try it out tomorrow at BA, got a bunch of bandoleers and ammo boxes (ball ammo - lake city, etc.)

I love the stock (few minor scratches), it's refinished by previous owner. The metal looks good too, minor scratches. Overall a beautiful rifle. Even my 11 yo daughter said she likes the "looks" of it!!:icon_e_biggrin: Lately, she has seen me bringing in new/old guns in a parade and she is wondering how many guns I have!:icon_mrgreen:

Here you go, and don't drool ...:icon_e_biggrin:

IMG00007-20101121-0850.jpg

IMG00006-20101121-0850.jpg

IMG00005-20101121-0849.jpg

IMG00004-20101121-0849.jpg

IMG00003-20101121-0849.jpg

• Like 1

What Glen said, VAR barrels are sought after for their accuracy. I have one, bought that one from a member of this forum....good shooter! Good looking wood on that rifle, milled trigger guard, nice. what are the first 3 numbers on receiver?

Open the action and look on the right side on the barrel through were the op rod goes, is there a crown and a VAR stamp? if so, its a dane. Other markings for danes are HTK, FKF, and HMAK

Yes, crown and a VAR stamp! Further to the front, there is another crown with what looks like a DK under it ... DK for Denmark? I will take a close up pic.

What Glen said, VAR barrels are sought after for their accuracy. I have one, bought that one from a member of this forum....good shooter! Good looking wood on that rifle, milled trigger guard, nice. what are the first 3 numbers on receiver? Do you mean first 3 digits of serial # or some other #?

FYI; check picture 4 in the OP. That is a "Garand Thumb" waiting to happen! The bolt isn't locked back, but held up on the follower! The first time you push down on the follower and WHAM! OUCH! ALWAYS make sure that you retract the Op rod all the way to the rear.

PS I speaking from hard earned experience.

PSS ENJOY!

FYI; check picture 4 in the OP. That is a "Garand Thumb" waiting to happen! The bolt isn't locked back, but held up on the follower! The first time you push down on the follower and WHAM! OUCH! ALWAYS make sure that you retract the Op rod all the way to the rear.

PS I speaking from hard earned experience.

PSS ENJOY!

That's axeman_g taking the pics and he knows about the Garand thumb!:icon_e_surprised:

come on now, we need a range report. Lets just hope it shoots as good as it looks!! Real beauty there Mr. Radek!!!!

Sorry, I didn't get to an outdoor range yet, just went to BA last week and shot about 4 enblocks.

Nice balance of course, but it's heavy!! Need to use a sling to hold steady. With my eyesight (w/ bifocals now) I am having a tough time. Haven't sighted in yet. Will try with a rifle rest outdoors for accuracy, hopefully this week.