Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Permit Muzzleloader season opener tomorrow!

What does everyone here shoot

Thompson center black diamond

.50, stainless barrel and synthetic stock

I forget what scope

45 T/C Hawkins. Fiber optic front Williams peep rear. 180gr lead spire pt HP w/ polymer insert .40 in sabot. 100 gr 777.

close to 2000fps. Little drop 0-100.

I'm back in the house at 8am cause it's cold.

Traditions tracker.50cal with Bushnell banner 1.75-4x. Been out here since sunrise and figured if Matt's dumbarse could get lucky while dicking with his phone I figured I'd try too lol.

Matt is living proof that it's better to be lucky than smart.

Try to stay warm.

Good luck Jon

And yall are hating cause your jealous

I am jealous. That doe was bigger than any I shot this year. And I'm the GREAT Hunter!!! :icon_e_biggrin:

Get a bow lad, we could have a super time. After the initial cost, it's fun hunting. The bow is stealth city...

Some days you'll want to jump out of the tree with a knife in your teeth.

Congrats again!!!

Frank, I have an older style bow that I used to complete my hunters ed course. I tried to hunt twice with it last season but didn't see anything.

I'm tempted to do some fall bow next year tho. I won't do bow at this time of the year, too freaking cold.

That does was huge, my dad cut it all up, just the front legs produced 9 pounds of meat LOL

Frank, I have an older style bow that I used to complete my hunters ed course. I tried to hunt twice with it last season but didn't see anything.

I'm tempted to do some fall bow next year tho. I won't do bow at this time of the year, too freaking cold.

That does was huge, my dad cut it all up, just the front legs produced 9 pounds of meat LOL

You practice out to 30yds and I'll get you a shot next fall. Of course you'll have to take a proficiency test in my yard before we go out. I hate chasing them... :icon_redface:

What does everyone here shoot

I won't be out permit week but will use my T/C during the regular 6-day firearm season. I've been shooting my Renegade .54 since I bought it new back in '81, and still load the same load that proved most accurate in this gun: 110 grs. of Pyrodex & 430 gr. Maxi-Ball. It's the only muzzleloader I own.

The only modification I've made to mine since I purchased it was add sling swivel studs, a T/C peep sight and a T/C bead front sight. I drilled the center out of the solid metal bead and added a spot of white automotive paint. Also added a fiberglass rod to prevent any problems should the hardwood rod ever break in the field. Mine has proven to be very accurate and reliable over the years.