AKA0314

Purchases at Brick Armory

Hey, as long as you feel safe shooting there, have a blast. Many of us got tired of no supervision and being swept by inexperienced people that we just don't go there anymore.

Originally, they were friendly to forum shooters and got a lot of people to buy memberships, then they started to complain that we were not spending enough money in the store.

The business downside to selling a membership is you have people coming in to use your facilities than you already got paid for and now they may not be generating ongoing income for the business. Especially when you don't stock enough ammo or if it is overpriced.

Hey, as long as you feel safe shooting there, have a blast. Many of us got tired of no supervision and being swept by inexperienced people that we just don't go there anymore.

Originally, they were friendly to forum shooters and got a lot of people to buy memberships, then they started to complain that we were not spending enough money in the store.

The business downside to selling a membership is you have people coming in to use your facilities than you already got paid for and now they may not be generating ongoing income for the business. Especially when you don't stock enough ammo or if it is overpriced.

I agree 100% when i initially went to their range around when the y opened a couple years ago i didn't feel safe there. Then what i read here and heard through the grape vine i decided to stay away. Recently i haven't been a fan of SS and wanted to go shooting so i took a chance. I went with my father and my wife and actually had a good time. There was atleast 1 RO in the range section the entire time and he was talking to just about everyone in their stalls making sure everyone was okay or needing assistance.

There is no reason that they should have required you to pay in full without checking with their suppliers first to make sure that your gun was available, and even so should not have have asked for any more then 50% down if they knew they could get it for you. They probably did not even make a call. Instead they just took your cash and assumed that they would be able to get it for you. Because of the recent spike in gun purchases many suppliers do not have very good inventory to ship.

Glad to hear you got your money back, and hopefully you have time left on your permit.

I am shocked that this could have happened at Brick Armory? NOT!!!! That is their MO!

I have purchased 4 guns from Shore Shot and they have never made me pay up front!

One time I ordered from brick because Phil swore up and down that they could get the gun (when SS could not get it). With my extended permit expiring and they having all my money, I had to settle for another gun. Yeah, I could have blown the permit and tried to get my money back but with the reputation that Brick has, I figured I would just cut my losses and get what I could.

These threads never die

For a reason...

Unsure about the rest of you, but when I usually go to BA, nobody else is there. So, I don't worry about range officers. SS lost me as a range user due to the lines as well as their gunsmith cracking two lamps on the PX4 night sights he installed. I stopped buying guns from them when I wanted to get an SKS, left my info with Kenny, and never received a call back (BA actually got one for me relatively quick).

So, I got a membership at BA. Figured I'd try to buy handguns from them, so I ordered two M&P40s (Compact and a 5-inch Pro). Never will do that again! Phil told me a week (transferred a pistol from my dad, so had time to kill), so like two weeks later, I was a little annoyed that they weren't there. It literally took two and a half months for them to come in, which wouldn't have bothered me if I wasn't being told each week that they were on the way or being shipped. My father had a similar problem, first with a Glock 17, then a .22 Bobcat (he had to settle with a P22 due to the expiration). Taught me a lesson, so now on, all guns are bought through SS (real fan of Davidson's). Doesn't bother me, since I'm 10 minutes from both.

Phil really screwed himself with that, being I spent $1,200 on those guns, and tend to purchase firearms somewhat regularly. Have three on the buying soon list, probably upwards of $2,000.

For a reason...

Unsure about the rest of you, but when I usually go to BA, nobody else is there. So, I don't worry about range officers. SS lost me as a range user due to the lines as well as their gunsmith cracking two lamps on the PX4 night sights he installed. I stopped buying guns from them when I wanted to get an SKS, left my info with Kenny, and never received a call back (BA actually got one for me relatively quick).

So, I got a membership at BA. Figured I'd try to buy handguns from them, so I ordered two M&P40s (Compact and a 5-inch Pro). Never will do that again! Phil told me a week (transferred a pistol from my dad, so had time to kill), so like two weeks later, I was a little annoyed that they weren't there. It literally took two and a half months for them to come in, which wouldn't have bothered me if I wasn't being told each week that they were on the way or being shipped. My father had a similar problem, first with a Glock 17, then a .22 Bobcat (he had to settle with a P22 due to the expiration). Taught me a lesson, so now on, all guns are bought through SS (real fan of Davidson's). Doesn't bother me, since I'm 10 minutes from both.

Phil really screwed himself with that, being I spent $1,200 on those guns, and tend to purchase firearms somewhat regularly. Have three on the buying soon list, probably upwards of $2,000.

First off, welcome to the Forum. How long ago was this with you having to wait all that time for the handguns you ordered to come in?

First off, welcome to the Forum. How long ago was this with you having to wait all that time for the handguns you ordered to come in?

Thanks. Saw it on the Tapatalk list, and figured it would be a good one to join.

I ordered and paid for the guns on 10/25/11. The Pro came in the first half of January, and the Compact came it somewhere mid to late January. Even when it was getting close, I was told the Pro would take a little longer, but that came first.

I was kind of happy they got me the Talo Edition, but I did order a Compact with night sights (I put Dawson sights on both, but still annoyed it wasn't considered; when I got the guns, I was mainly happy to have them since my permit was going to expire in a few weeks). This was an improvement over my father's Glock, being he ordered a Gen3, Phil said he would give him a Gen4 at the same price, then ended up with the Gen3 anyways.

Any time I've ordered from SS, I never had to put all the money up, and if they said it would be there on Friday, you could walk in knowing it would be there. I had to have gone into BA at least a dozen times, being told my guns were supposed to be there at a certain time. That, in itself, is why I'll take my firearms purchases elsewhere.

I had a similar run around in 2009 when I bought my p226 from them. I'll never ORDER a gun from them, EVER. Use the range however, certainly. Buy a gun that is instock, sure why not.

I need to check and find out what they charge for transfers if I buy something from Buds or whatever. I'm really annoyed with SS these days.

You might try Tony at TJs Sporting Arms for your transfers. Fantastic service on transfers and when he says he can get a gun for you, you can take that to the bank! Check his ratings/feedback, he has to be one of the top vendors here!

That is the same as Shore Shot, although more than some site sponsors like TJ Sporting Arms.

I think members get it cheaper. Don't quote me lol. Rather not do a transfer through them anyway... Guy at work got his class 3 ffl, if need be I can use him