AKA0314

Purchases at Brick Armory

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a new member at brick armory. I joined there since prior to receiving my purchase permit I rented from them on several occasions and the staff was always very helpful. Once my permit came in I ordered a pistol and shotgun from them. Since then I've received a complete run around. I know that many people on the forum (I've been lurking) are members at brick armory. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this situation? Since I'm a member I'm trying not give myself a bad name by being a jerk, but I'm losing patience. I pain in full, cash 5 weeks ago. I call every few days and shoot there weekly and every time I ask about my orders I'm told either they're on the way, I'll have them in a day or 2, someone will call me back (and never do) etc.

Hmm, this wouldn't be the first time this exact issue has surfaced involving BA, and discussed here on the forums. I can't seem to find the exact thread-- so, I'm sure those who were involved will eventually contribute their experiences. Sorry to hear about this happening again

another one bites the dust

go in and demand that you get your guns that minute, or you want a complete refund. If they say no, you tell them you will stand there bad mouthing there store until one or the other is accomplished.

you should be given your money back quite quickly and then give Tony at TJ sporting arms a call and he'll have your guns in about 2 days guaranteed.

don't buy a damn thing from BA they are the shadiest company around.

M

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a new member at brick armory. I joined there since prior to receiving my purchase permit I rented from them on several occasions and the staff was always very helpful. Once my permit came in I ordered a pistol and shotgun from them. Since then I've received a complete run around. I know that many people on the forum (I've been lurking) are members at brick armory. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this situation? Since I'm a member I'm trying not give myself a bad name by being a jerk, but I'm losing patience. I pain in full, cash 5 weeks ago. I call every few days and shoot there weekly and every time I ask about my orders I'm told either they're on the way, I'll have them in a day or 2, someone will call me back (and never do) etc.

I only shoot there since it seems their bad rep keeps the lanes open. But never, ever pay in full cash before receiving goods. I hope you at least have documented receipts.

It's a shame. For the sake of bandwidth, I won't post my experience with them for a second time. Let's just say that I was lucky and got the used car salesman approach the first time I went in there. It turned me off so much that I never went back.

I only shoot there since it seems their bad rep keeps the lanes open. But never, ever pay in full cash before receiving goods. I hope you at least have documented receipts.

Ef that place. It makes zero sense with all the pissing and moaning about that place. I get some of the higher power rifle guys going there but come on, there's no reason for the pistol guys to go there. Plus...a walk on is cheaper at Shore Shot than BA. It's $10 for forum members.

I just don't get it.

I guess you can try calling Phil, he's the owner, or at least one of the owners... Paying in FULL in CASH is not a good idea, no recourse.. what did you order?

I have a receipt for both. I've spoken to Phil on the phone and in person. Paid cash because I was told they could get me a better deal for a cash purchase. I ordered a Sig P220 and a remington 870.

Ef that place. It makes zero sense with all the pissing and moaning about that place. I get some of the higher power rifle guys going there but come on, there's no reason for the pistol guys to go there. Plus...a walk on is cheaper at Shore Shot than BA. It's $10 for forum members.

I just don't get it.

i'm the FNG, what do i know

I have a receipt for both. I've spoken to Phil on the phone and in person. Paid cash because I was told they could get me a better deal for a cash purchase. I ordered a Sig P220 and a remington 870.

Did they tell you when you should receive them when you order?

Don't defend yourself on paying cash. You had your reasons...whatever they are. You trusted you could depend on them to not steal from you. You just live and learn.

I have a feeling that place survives on less than hand to mouth so your cash was surely spent and not used to pay for your weapons. I wouldn't count on them pulling it out of the register and refunding it to you.

Go down there, be a raging a-hole, make a scene, call the cops tell them you want to file a theft charge. Just get belligerent. All else fails...civil court.

Did they tell you when you should receive them when you order?

Don't defend yourself on paying cash. You had your reasons...whatever they are. You trusted you could depend on them to not steal from you. You just live and learn.

I have a feeling that place survives on less than hand to mouth so your cash was surely spent and not used to pay for your weapons. I wouldn't count on them pulling it out of the register and refunding it to you.

Go down there, be a raging a-hole, make a scene, call the cops tell them you want to file a theft charge. Just get belligerent. All else fails...civil court.

Thank you. I was told 2 weeks for the shotgun and 2-3 weeks for the Sig. It's been 5 weeks.

Ok, the reason I asked was if it was some obscure stuff it would take time, but the items you list are pretty common I would think they should be able to get them inside a week... my guess...

I wasn't knocking you for paying cash, as almost 99% of my gun purchases are cash, but I tend to not pay in full until I have the item in hand, this way both parties have some skin in the game... sorry for your issues, and good luck getting it resolved...

See about getting your $$ back and use one of the Forum Vendors, you'll be glad you did :icon_e_biggrin:

I'm not bashing for paying cash either... but 100% up front is a red flag for me... Putting down a deposit is common practice in all types of business so thats ok in my book, once the goods are in, complete the transaction.

The woman has a great idea. I personally wouldnt pay full price in cash up front either at a privately owned shop. I paid in full at Dicks one time, changed my mind and there was no issue getting the money back. Those at a privately owned shop are directly effected by loss of business, so they are more likely to mess with you and say they cant refund the money. I would suggest what everyone else does.....go in there, be FIRM at first, not belligerent the second you walk through the door. Be firm, tell him you are tired of getting the run around and you will either be walking out of the store with your guns, or ALL of your money. Try and get a couple other forum members who are willing to back you, Im sure you could find some.

As for the other thread, here it is: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15632-thanks-for-showing-your-colors/

I read through it once....kind of baffling how a shop can continually treat people the way they do, and still remain in business. I have to imagine that BA is only going to go downhill from here unless they change it up a bit.

Personally I think you BA Tuesday night guys may consider rallying behind this guy. Just my two cents. 10-15 guys bitching there on a Tuesday night is a lot different than one.

Won't do ****, great idea, one that I would stand behind, but won't do a GD thing.. They have already told us "Forum People" that they do not need our business and could care less if we came.. one of the reasons I no longer go there, often...

As its been said, its a complete farce for a shop to say it would take them any longer then a couple days to get an order in for an item that is readily available. I have to agree with Stephanie that the money you paid in full probably did not go towards your orders, but some other fees BA had to pay... which is just: :facepalm:

Good luck with your dealings with BA, and know you're not in the wrong here whatsoever. And, as others have said, contact TJ or PK90, here on the forum, for timely, well-priced orders-- really good guys.

if location is an issue for you shore shot is just down the road and i love the guys there. Always straight forward and helpful. When I have my eyes set on a gun they usually have it in stock and if they do not they would order it and the longest i ever had to wait for an ordered gun was like 4 days. Good place, you will not be disappointed.

Send me via PM your name and I will fwd it to phil.

As far as attitudes... guys, if you want something... you cant act like a douche... whether the recipient deserves it or not.

Personally I enjoy shooting there, like many people, however unless it is on the shelf... I am leery.

Send me via PM your name and I will fwd it to phil.

As far as attitudes... guys, if you want something... you cant act like a douche... whether the recipient deserves it or not.

I have to disagree. I've had a few clients over the years. Complete douchebags. Got exactly what they wanted so we could get them to go the hell away.

I have to disagree. I've had a few clients over the years. Complete douchebags. Got exactly what they wanted so we could get them to go the hell away.

And I bet they never came back? I am not going to get into discussion of business management. I have no respect for anyone that just goes into the defensive mode and starts screaming. Some of the strongest relationships I have, only started after there was an issue that needed to be resolved.

But as far as customers... you dont have to deal with them. a polite "I feel bad, however I do not fit we are a good fit for each other." will save everyone a whole lot of trouble. If you, or your business is not a position to pass up a customer, who will be a pain in the butt, then there are bigger issues.

blatant lie, any dealer can have a gun in 2 days if its in stock. 870's are always in stock and i would expect that sig to be in stock too

Maybe the 870 but some Sigs are hard to get.

At this time, I would simply say that they have missed their timeline and ask for a refund. Acting douchy is not the way to go, I would just be stern.

Now if you get a run around getting your cash back, that is a horse of a different color.

I also recommend TJ Sportimg Arms. He is great to deal with and a straight up guy.