Sign in to follow this  
Regulator72

PA Gun show this weekend 12/4 - 12/5?

I've been there before and its a very interesting show to say the least. Keep in mind that that while selection covers many years of firearms history, its not quite a mulsurp cornucopia and modern guns will be pretty scarce. I found that its centered mainly on the earlier stuff so if you have a fetish for cap'n'ball and flintlocks, this is your show! Thats not to say that you wont find stuff from WW1&2, but it will be in the minority.

if you're out that way, might be better to stop at Cabelas for powder/primers. If you do go, be sure to get a BBQ beef sandwich at the BBQ joint as the end of the complex. Actually get two cuz they're good eatin!

Thanks, I was looking to maybe grab some powder and/or primers, so hopefully they will have some stuff

I usually go to this show, and will be going tomorrow. As JonF said, it is somewhat heavy on antiques, but there still is a decent selection of modern guns and milsurp. There's even a few class 3 dealers there - not that it matters to us on this side of the big D.

As for reloading, there usually is not a lot to be had at this show. There is a guy that sells a lot of ammo cheap and he usually has good deals on primers, but I don't think he has any powder.

For reloading you would do better at Harrisburg, which is next weekend, or Valley Forge, which is the following weekend.

Thanks for the info guys... Like I said, I need to head that way anyway tomorrow to see some family, so I'll just leave a couple hrs earlier and stop by the show first, and see what they have.. might be fun to check out some antiques for a few hrs or so..

By the sound of it, if I was taking a trip just for the show, I most likely would not go..

Thanks for the info guys... Like I said, I need to head that way anyway tomorrow to see some family, so I'll just leave a couple hrs earlier and stop by the show first, and see what they have.. might be fun to check out some antiques for a few hrs or so..

By the sound of it, if I was taking a trip just for the show, I most likely would not go..

Went today, didn't see any powder but there were primers to be had.

Rather decent selection of milsurp as well as the usual antiques. Good buys on ammo too.

Guest schutzen-jager

club rules do not allow powder sales in the agricul. center -

if you're out that way, might be better to stop at Cabelas for powder/primers. If you do go, be sure to get a BBQ beef sandwich at the BBQ joint as the end of the complex. Actually get two cuz they're good eatin!

Are you talking about the food court on the second floor or is there another one out there opposite the popcorn guys?

i was at the last show in Oct i think... there was some politician with a microphone going on about future bans and how he can help PA fight them. he was so loud i couldnt hear myself think. Im sorry, but personally i do not want to be bothered when im trying to enjoy the show. it was such a turn off that i stayed home this weekend.

plus the amount of M1 Carbines for sale is just torture... ugh...

I went in the past. It mostly caters to the guys who are into military collectibles and C&R stuff.

It was interesting to check it out, but I probably won't go back.

Valley Forge has a HUGE show coming up, with approximately 700 tables, that is going to be held next weekend. I am planning on going friday or saturday, it should be a good time.