Sign in to follow this  
totalabuse

Official deer season body count thread

Guest megaman

Too windy today, nothing moving around...back out again tomorrow...

Too windy today, nothing moving around...back out again tomorrow...

Saw almost no one parked along the roads and in the woods today. Managed to join my dad and get out for an hour this afternoon. Passed on 2 does, saw a few more in the distance, and saw a big fat fox. Gonna have to get me a couple foxes too. Heard more shots in the distance today though. Going out all day Friday.

Guest megaman

Saw almost no one parked along the roads and in the woods today. Managed to join my dad and get out for an hour this afternoon. Passed on 2 does, saw a few more in the distance, and saw a big fat fox. Gonna have to get me a couple foxes too. Heard more shots in the distance today though. Going out all day Friday.

Saw deer today, a few does and a buck. I did not have a shot! GUUURRRRRR!!!!!! Managed to get the manager of DND to give me more free donuts to bait with. He gave me 100 that were going in the trash. Out in the woods at 5am tomorrow to set my bait.

I am doing a 'bait n wait' tomorrow...Gotta hunt hard!

Saw deer today, a few does and a buck. I did not have a shot! GUUURRRRRR!!!!!! Managed to get the manager of DND to give me more free donuts to bait with. He gave me 100 that were going in the trash. Out in the woods at 5am tomorrow to set my bait.

I am doing a 'bait n wait' tomorrow...Gotta hunt hard!

you need to wheel the whole dumpster out their and use it as a blind..

www.dumpsterbearblinds.com

man we could make some money at this..

Guest megaman

you need to wheel the whole dumpster out their and use it as a blind..

www.dumpsterbearblinds.com

man we could make some money at this..

That would be awesome!

Ok, so here is my report for today...

Its too damn cold. So today I got there at 5:30 pretty dark out still, but just enough light to see the sights on the barrel, walked to my bait spot, dumped a gang of DND and waited.

Then I realized when the sun came up it was still 9 degrees out and just me, not even squirrels!!

So I walked for the swamp, fell into water up to my waist, walked some more, pants frozen now, a crust of ice on my pants. Walked a bit more, I realized I have walked for over an hour and my pants are frozen. My feet were soaked, but strangely did not feel cold. These thoughts made me realize 'Maybe I should walk back?"....then started walking back to the car. If anything, people can say that area is safe because I 'patrolled' it. :icon_e_biggrin:

Yesterday I saw a bunch of does, and 1 buck. The buck gave me no shot as he was leaping by, and he was GONE. Waited to see if he was going to come back for a few hours.

I have been out every day this week...Heard a bunch of guys doing a drive on the radio. I think me and those guys were the only people out...

But I love hunting, and will be back out tomorrow for the final day. I realize that I can buy doe permits for later this month, which I will, but something about the friends and the food, and the laughs that take place on the 6 day firearm hunt is really special...I have felt so 'mellow' this week due to being outside roaming the forest for the last 5 days...damn that feels good! I forgot about the 53 emails waiting for me each day because I keep remembering how beautiful the forest is...:icon_e_biggrin:

Definitively was cold today! Spent time on my parents property in the morning, then a WMA (for only about an hour), and then back to my parents property. Saw 11 squirrels at once in the AM at my parents property and the same 2 younger does throughout the day. Nothing at the WMA, and wasn't really feeling it either. Gonna go out in the PM tomorrow after work for the final day.

Already have my permits and buck tag. Will be going out hopefully Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and then all day again on Friday. Deer seem to have disappeared this week. Seems like many other people are feeling the same way. The cold and wind really screwed up their schedules. Did hear a lot more shooting today in zone 12.

Guest megaman

Definitively was cold today! Spent time on my parents property in the morning, then a WMA (for only about an hour), and then back to my parents property. Saw 11 squirrels at once in the AM at my parents property and the same 2 younger does throughout the day. Nothing at the WMA, and wasn't really feeling it either. Gonna go out in the PM tomorrow after work for the final day.

Already have my permits and buck tag. Will be going out hopefully Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and then all day again on Friday. Deer seem to have disappeared this week. Seems like many other people are feeling the same way. The cold and wind really screwed up their schedules. Did hear a lot more shooting today in zone 12.

I gotta wait for zone 5, thats where my hunt club is...

My little brother got home for his Christmas Break from college on Thursday so I decided to take him into the woods yesterday. Set him up with my dad's old Sears Mod. 200 and some #1 buckshot and put him on a pretty well-travelled trail through the woods. Saw nothing all morning and we went to lunch at McD's. Headed back out around 2:00 and put him in the same location, then headed further into the woods to my favorite hilltop. At about 2:15(I was still a good several hundred yards from my hilltop) I heard two shots, and my phone started ringing! Low and behold, he had two deer walk past him about 30yds away, picked out the bigger one, and shot his first deer! So as I post from work, I have not gotten myself a deer during this year's 6-day firearm season, but seeing the look on my little brother's face made it one of the most memorable.

IMG_20101210_140703.jpg

IMG_20101210_153709.jpg

Guest megaman

So thats it for me. I saw one bear yesterday, another guy kicked him up and he disappeared right after I saw him.

So my body count tally for the season is

1 Buck.

0 Bear.

Back out for extended deer season next week!

The wife got another buck on Thursday, about the same size as Mondays kill. That makes three bucks since the season began so the freezer is full. I wish that I would have seen the "Cut & Eat" thread as we butchered the last one our selves(first one too). And I was considering photographing the process. Oh well, the next one!

I think permit shotgun is in now, muzzle is coming up again so is winter bow. So let's keep this tacked and going until the end of deer season. Good job and/or good luck to you all.

The wife got another buck on Thursday, about the same size as Mondays kill. That makes three bucks since the season began so the freezer is full. I wish that I would have seen the "Cut & Eat" thread as we butchered the last one our selves(first one too). And I was considering photographing the process. Oh well, the next one!

I think permit shotgun is in now, muzzle is coming up again so is winter bow. So let's keep this tacked and going until the end of deer season. Good job and/or good luck to you all.

while I understand it is a huge pain in the balls.. if you do butcher another one this year pics would be a huge help..

thanks!