Frank Jack Fiamingo

Florida CCW License Program EXPANDS to North Jersey!

The way i read the GFH site...you don't need 6 photos...you will "GET" 6 photos...when the printer prints the photos they usually come 6 to a 4x6 card, they cut/give you 2 and trash the rest. Maybe GFH prints the pics themselves and gives you all of them...

Correct. You need 1 photo but we give you five extra. This way you can use them for passports or other non resident ccw's

If you have any NRA training, or any training deemed acceptable, or even a simple DD214 then you can get an Arizona license in just over a week. By mail. They are fast. And it mostly covers the same states as FL. Check yourself for states you are interested in.

BUT - FL does not recognize out of state non-resident licenses. So, if you plan to carry in FL, you still need the Florida license.

Is this event still happening since it looks like we're gonna get another dose of snow tues & wed?

Hi Caine, I am in the process of making that decision. I will post an answer here probably this evening, but no later than tomorrow morning. I will also post a message on www.nj2as.com.

No, but I plan on carrying in PA.

Did you even bother to look up AZ reciprocity?

Go here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

It's the same states as FL except for Washington state and Florida. And cheaper. And easier. And you get it within a week or two of actually putting your application in the mailbox.

Did you even bother to look up AZ reciprocity?

Go here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

It's the same states as FL except for Washington state and Florida. And cheaper. And easier. And you get it within a week or two of actually putting your application in the mailbox.

Um, how do I get the Arizona one?

Um, how do I get the Arizona one?

0. You educate yourself about carry even the slightest bit. I honestly can't believe this.

(^optional^)

0.5 You use the Internet

1. Email them. Then read this. They will mail you an application and two fingerprint cards the day after you email them. You will get it two days later.

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/

2. ANY NRA training qualifies, even a $20 intro course with no live-fire. If you've been in the military, your DD-214 qualifies. After that, this is where it gets undefinable. The rules they list on the website for other training may not be accurate accurate. It's going to depend on who you talk to over there because they have changed things. They will probably accept any hunter's ed course that involved live-fire or maybe even one that did not. They tend to accept any training that actually has live-fire even though the posted rules say otherwise and are in flux. A DD-214 or any NRA course is a sure thing so far.

3. Get fingerprinted and mail your app and your training cert or DD-214. No photos required.

4. Receive permit in 5 to 10 business days.

I want to apologize for being condescending in the prior post. I found it odd that somebody who has been here this long and wants a carry license/permit hasn't even looked into it. I'm explaining myself, not trying to give you crap you a second time.

They are nice down there in AZ. It would have scared the crap out of me to call some other state for a gun permit when I lived in Jersey only several years ago. But they are happy to talk to you. And they love mailing permits as fast as possible. I'm sure they were nice a year ago. But now that AZ has constitutional carry, they can only sell permits to people from out of state or people in-state that realize they want reciprocity out of state. In other words, their jobs are in jeopardy if they don't keep moving permits.

I want to apologize for being condescending in the prior post. I found it odd that somebody who has been here this long and wants a carry license/permit hasn't even looked into it. I'm explaining myself, not trying to give you crap you a second time.

I am computer stupid, so that's my excuse. I'm lucky I can even post pictures.

Thanks bro, as I will apply tonight!

Just send my email to get application and print cards. Cheaper than Fla. As long as they take my Louisiand Hunter Safety card I should be golden. Thanks for the info.

So did I!

See mipafox, you just got 2 members CC paperwork and all you had to do was type how.

Thanks again.

Keep in mind - AZ will NOT cover you in Florida. Read that two times.

They have reciprocity with Florida. But Florida does not accept non-resident licenses. So, unless you have a license from your own state and your state has reciprocity with Florida, the only way to carry in Florida is to get a Florida permit.

If I lived in NJ, I would get the Florida permit. Not because of Washington state, but because of Florida carry.

On the other hand, if you want almost the same thing, but fast easy and cheap, you gotta go AZ.

So did I!

See mipafox, you just got 2 members CC paperwork and all you had to do was type how.

Thanks again.

It's not the first time, but those are 2 very important outcomes for me on a personal basis. I can assure you the pleasure was mine. Be safe.

• Like 1

I know this is a FL CCW tread (no derail intended) and I will encourage my friends who want FLA to go the route with the program they have set up with GUN 4 hire. I think AZ would be my prefrence as of right now. Thanks for all the info and interested in the speakers at the postponed NJ2AS. Please post rescheduled date. FYI.. The people in FLA are also extrenly nice and they mailed my package right away also.

Just got email back 5 mins from submission from AZ:

A application packet will go out to you in tomorrow's mail.

Thank you,

AZ DPS

CCW Unit

Phoenix, AZ.

602-256-6280

I've always said if I lived in NJ I would go for Florida.

But, if I had the money for both, I would probably go AZ first to get something quick for the rest of the country.

i already have FL, but looking for someone to print me for AZ. hopefully, one day i can leave NJ and go to FL or AZ.

ps: we already have a house in PA, but bc i dont have a NJ ccw, i cant get PA. :icon_twisted:

i already have FL, but looking for someone to print me for AZ. hopefully, one day i can leave NJ and go to FL or AZ.

ps: we already have a house in PA, but bc i dont have a NJ ccw, i cant get PA. :icon_twisted:

If you have FL, Arizona gets you nothing. Except for that "issued by the state the school is located in thing." Which would only apply to AZ with an AZ permit.

I got mine today too Ray...Already filled it out...Gonna go get printed next week and mail it in by Fri hopefully. Yes Money Order for 60.00. No personal checks.

Now, where to get printed?

Guess you and I will carry together for the first time? :wub:

i just dont understand the big deal with you guys and this fl ccw thing

Rob,

that would be for those of us that travel or visit other states that have receprocity with Florida.... you are allowed to carry there.

Ie... I visit clients in PA very often.

i just dont understand the big deal with you guys and this fl ccw thing

It's Arizona now, not Florida homie.

And what Maks said, I travel to Pennsy alot and I'd like to be able to defend myself if need be.

Now, where to get printed?

You local township PD should do it or any State Police barraks. Im not sure where you live but thats how it is here. I get printed for gaming licenses all over the US and I use my sherrif's dept. all the time.