Cemeterys Gun Blob

Christie Won't Fight for Gun Rights

Interesting Article on Christie and NJ Gun Rights

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/half-cocked-chris-christie-wont-fight-for-gun-rights/?singlepage=true

As his campaign plainly stated, “Chris Christie supports the assault weapons ban and all current gun laws. He opposes attempts to permit conceal and carry laws in New Jersey – hardly the NRA position.”

Christie doesn’t just support New Jersey’s draconian gun control laws. He ran for office on a platform of making even more restrictive the absurd gun laws that made Brian Aitken a felon. Let us be blunt: Chris Christie supports a system of gun laws purposefully designed to entrap and disarm society.

Christie doesn’t trust his own citizens to exercise responsibly their constitutional rights to firearms. He may be a hero to some, but from the position of a gun owner, he’s no better than the freedom-hating Democrat he replaced.

I've always said Christie is far from being our buddy, and hell, he confirmed this himself on Fox News with Hannity. But let's be realistic here, if Corzine won the election, Him and Weinberg would have made more extreme gun control the priority of the past year. We all knew what Corzine wanted: sweeping .50cal ban, banning of firearms capable of firing ammo that could penetrate body armor, unproven technology of mircostamping on *all* handguns.

But with Christie, gun control is DOA, and so DOA that Bryan Miller is forced to work his lies and deceptions out of State. And a bonus is Sweeney being Senate Leader.

Will Christie sign any gun related reform bills if they hit his desk? That remains to be seen.

Yea didn't he say 'get it to my desk and I'll sign it' (paraphrase)? Maybe he figured it would never make it to his desk.

I think his exact quote was, "In New Jersey? Never in a million years."

He did nothing to stop Paula Dow from Blocking CMP sales, the "ML" Carbine Debacle, or the IO Rifle issue......yet I keep being ASSURED by members here that that Tiger will change his stripes if he expects to seek national office. Lets see, He allowed our 2A Rights to be REDUCED, whoch some said he wouldnt (CMP), allowed a reduction of a Restriction to be blocked (Carbines), and allowed a NEW RIFLE to be added to the AWB for all intents and purposes. But hey...I just dont like him because of what he's done to the unions....right? :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 2

What's this all about?

:unsure:

Auto Ordnance marked their M-1 Crbine cpy as "ML Carbine" Different markings makes it NOT Substansively identical to a Banned Item the "US Carbine M1" AO sent a letter to the NJSP pointing this out, and Lt Schuleter from the FIU issued a letter stating that it was in compliance and could be sols. AO sent out the letter to Distributors, who sent it out to retailers, who started getting the rifles in. Rather than accepting out good fortune, a bunch of idiots started calling NJSP to play "Mother May i", and eventually someone OTHER thqan Lt Schuleter got the call, and referred it up to the AG, who Immediately ordered a stop to it. We HAD a shot at owning an M-1 Carbine copy under the same rules we use to have AR, AK, FAL, and other banned weapon copies. Since this CLEARLY NOT "Substansively Identical" firearm was banned..and subsequently the IO Rifles were banned, the AG has demonstrated that she can ban ANY OF OUR GUNS on a fricking Whim. She can say tomorrow that the "STAG-15" is too close to AR-15 and Ban that..thereby forcing anyone who owns one in the state to turn it in, sell it, or become an instant felon...or any other firearm that is ONLY Different from a "Colt Ar-15" in that it isnt marked "Colt Ar-15".

Politicians say anything to get elected. Then, once elected, do anything they can get away with... of course always with the eye on the ball of wanting to be re-elected.

If pro-2A rights legislation makes past both houses to his desk, he can just claim it is what the constituents and legislature wants (or were forced to do so via SCOTUS decision!), and will not get in the way of it... all without denouncing his prior words while originally campaigning for office. Win-win for him.

Rather than accepting out good fortune, a bunch of idiots started calling NJSP to play "Mother May i",

sums up the vast amount of NJ gun owners quite nicely....

the AG has demonstrated that she can ban ANY OF OUR GUNS on a fricking Whim. She can say tomorrow that the "STAG-15" is too close to AR-15 and Ban that..thereby forcing anyone who owns one in the state to turn it in, sell it, or become an instant felon

Sounds like a lawsuit based on Heller & McDonald about banning firearms that are common at the time......

Anybody contact ANJRPC about this?

Put a law that helps US in front of him and see if he signs it. If he does, then he's on our side. That's pretty much all you can ask for in this state.

He will not, I have been saying this all along as well, I saw the article today at PJM also at lunch. There is nothing in it for him to go out of his way to change laws for our (gun owners) benefit. If a repeal of the NJ AWB landed on his desk, on top of the empty pizza boxes and donut wrappers, it would end up a coaster for a 2L bottle of Dr.Pepper. He will most certainly not have much of a chance of being president or even VP, with his flabby gun rights record. I believe he is setting his sights on FBI Director or US AG or DHS honcho.

he let a convicted criminal out of jail that was guilty as charged (no offense to Brian or anything).. think Corzine would have released him? commuted the sentence to time served? all in time to get him home with his family? yeah I get it.. he is NOT pro-gun.... but few in NJ are.. but at least he was reasonable when 7 years of a young mans life hung in the balance.. you can knock him all you want.. claim that he is not a friend of the 2a cause... but give some credit where it is due..

Auto Ordnance marked their M-1 Crbine cpy as "ML Carbine" Different markings makes it NOT Substansively identical to a Banned Item the "US Carbine M1" AO sent a letter to the NJSP pointing this out, and Lt Schuleter from the FIU issued a letter stating that it was in compliance and could be sols. AO sent out the letter to Distributors, who sent it out to retailers, who started getting the rifles in. Rather than accepting out good fortune, a bunch of idiots started calling NJSP to play "Mother May i", and eventually someone OTHER thqan Lt Schuleter got the call, and referred it up to the AG, who Immediately ordered a stop to it. We HAD a shot at owning an M-1 Carbine copy under the same rules we use to have AR, AK, FAL, and other banned weapon copies. Since this CLEARLY NOT "Substansively Identical" firearm was banned..and subsequently the IO Rifles were banned, the AG has demonstrated that she can ban ANY OF OUR GUNS on a fricking Whim. She can say tomorrow that the "STAG-15" is too close to AR-15 and Ban that..thereby forcing anyone who owns one in the state to turn it in, sell it, or become an instant felon...or any other firearm that is ONLY Different from a "Colt Ar-15" in that it isnt marked "Colt Ar-15".

the IO rifles were being sold as "NJ LEGAL AK47s" the problem there is obvious..

surprised that they selling an AK-47 (receiver is engraved AK 47-C) :shock: .

there is.. IMO the problem..

the IO rifles were being sold as "NJ LEGAL AK47s" the problem there is obvious..

there is.. IMO the problem..

Ok, My mistake, I didnt realize they were marked "AK-47" i was under the impression there was a different Model number on it. Either way, if you REALLY want to get Technical, AK= Avtomat Kalashnikov, Not "IO Incorporated" I Dont Trust Paula Dow as far as I can throw Christie, and I dont trust Christie not to follow merrily along on any antigun Scheme she cooks up.

Ok, My mistake, I didnt realize they were marked "AK-47" i was under the impression there was a different Model number on it. Either way, if you REALLY want to get Technical, AK= Avtomat Kalashnikov, Not "IO Incorporated" I Dont Trust Paula Dow as far as I can throw Christie, and I dont trust Christie not to follow merrily along on any antigun Scheme she cooks up.

I agree with you man.. she obviously has no idea.. but all I was saying.. NJ has been reasonable in regards to AK clones in the past providing you play the evil features game so it is not substantially identical.. which is fine.. for now IMO.. but when you brazenly label a gun in name as an identical named gun you are IMO asking for trouble..I agree that it is petty.. but why even push the issue.. this is IMO the reason wasrs, saigas, etc have stayed legal in NJ.. they are not named as banned guns.. and they play the evil features game..

I'm still waiting on an opinion from the NJAG regarding this issue. IO has attorneys involved.

while I think IO made a miscalculation I am interested to see the result in this case..

When you put firearms rights aside, Christie is a "hero" only on a political basis or to people that have hope for NJ. He's done very little for the fiscal situation while pissing off a huge amount of people. Now, I don't mind that he pissed those people off. But he hasn't really accomplished much.

He cut a billion or two off the budget, which is a pebble on Mount Everest. Even if that was real, but he's playing the same games Corzine was. He's deferred funding the State's commitments. And playing games with the budget numbers. That is my take on it, and I'm not going to argue about published budget numbers of 30 or 40 billion.

He has not really done much. I guess it's a change in direction, which is good. If it's a means to an end, we'll know by June. After the 2nd budget is passed and has been implemented.

He has not really done much. I guess it's a change in direction, which is good. If it's a means to an end, we'll know by June. After the 2nd budget is passed and has been implemented.

hopefully I will reside in America before that even comes to pass.. and it will not even effect me.. while you say he has done nothing.. saving ANYTHING is better than MORE spending.. even going $1.00 in the savings direction is better than going into the more spending direction.. just saying..

Look how much of a battle it has been to cut a few billion off the budget. IMO its the right way to do it, a little at a time.

I was reading an article on Boliva, they decided one day they didn't want to subsidize gasoline , and overnight the price of gas rose 70-80%. Those kinds of shocks to the system are bad news.

hopefully I will reside in America before that even comes to pass.. and it will not even effect me.. while you say he has done nothing.. saving ANYTHING is better than MORE spending.. even going $1.00 in the savings direction is better than going into the more spending direction.. just saying..

We will welcome you with open arms. Do us a favor and blow the bridge after you cross it.

We will welcome you with open arms. Do us a favor and blow the bridge after you cross it.

I need a job.. and a place to live.. and I am gone.. we are hoping to get out of this place by the fall of 2011.. I have made a lot of friends here.. and have some family that I will miss a lot.. but I have seriously had enough of this lifestyle.. every time I go up to country in PA, I KNOW that it is where I want to be.. as long as I can earn enough to pay my bills and enjoy life a little I am content.. my girlfriend is the same.. we don't need to make a ton of money to be happy.. so we are working on getting things in order with the coming of the spring.. hopefully I can make a little money then.. bank it and head on out.. I may miss the people.. but I won't miss the state..

When you put firearms rights aside, Christie is a "hero" only on a political basis or to people that have hope for NJ. He's done very little for the fiscal situation while pissing off a huge amount of people. Now, I don't mind that he pissed those people off. But he hasn't really accomplished much.

He cut a billion or two off the budget, which is a pebble on Mount Everest. Even if that was real, but he's playing the same games Corzine was. He's deferred funding the State's commitments. And playing games with the budget numbers. That is my take on it, and I'm not going to argue about published budget numbers of 30 or 40 billion.

I agree, you can not fake saving money by not paying the state's obligated payments into the pension plans. Pretty soon there will be nothing to make the payments for pensions and health benefits for the people who have already retired. Say what you will about state pensions...but...there are tens of thousands of retired employees, that worked all their lives for the promises of these pensions and you can not renege on them now. Make all the changes you want for future benefits, but don't f@#k with those who are already retired. What does he expect them to do? Go out and look for work at 60-70-80 years old?

As far as Gun Laws, I would be happy if he does not screw around with what we have now and hope we can get a reasonable politician in there to replace him. But that's is only my .02 on the matter.

As far as Gun Laws, I would be happy if he does not screw around with what we have now and hope we can get a reasonable politician in there to replace him. But that's is only my .02 on the matter.

Getting a Gov. that's more reasonable than Christie on gun rights in NJ is a tall order in this liberal bastion of arrogant idiots. :icon_e_sad:

The best we can hope for is that he supports handgun purchase reform and doesn't put up road blocks if CCW becomes a constitutional right in NJ. I'm not holding my breath.