Sign in to follow this  
Downr@nge

So Bowling For Columbine is on Showtime right now...

Do not watch the BS documentaries that Michael Moore makes and think they are 100% true. I thought this and I was totally wrong. I will guarantee you will change your mind about Michael Moore if you watch a documentary made by Michael Wilson. His documentary is called "Michael Moore Hates America". He will show you that Michael Moore takes 2 speeches by Charleton Heston and splices them to look like 1. Moore edited the speeches using unrelated words and sentences from both speeches to form new thoughts and words that Heston never really said. He will show you how the bank that does not just give out guns the way Moore did it by just opening a checking account. The bank does in fact give you a gun for opening a checking account but they never stocked the guns in the bank. There is a lot of BS that Moore puts out and this guy totally debunks a lot of it. Worth watching. If you have Netflix you can watch it right from your netflix account onto your computer. The hospital scene in Cuba in Moore's documentary "Sicko" also totally BS. Its a hospital for foreign visitors and people vacationing from other countries. Cuba doesnt have nice hospitals for their own people.

I was forced to watch is video on health care, what a waste of time. I really don't like him, 10% of what he says is true, the other 90% is BS. Although the BC video he made wasnt all that bad, i liked the interview with marlin manson he did.

I was forced to watch is video on health care, what a waste of time. I really don't like him, 10% of what he says is true, the other 90% is BS. Although the BC video he made wasnt all that bad, i liked the interview with marlin manson he did.

Yes it was. Do a search. There are many sites that reveal the truth. Here was the first one I found quickly

site I found

The larger idea behind documentaries is that while the information might not necessarily be fairly accurate, or managed well; what these do is make people think beyond the cookie-cutter that the majority culture has set forth (or allow the viewer to consider alternatives, and make their own decisions).

Now, understand that I'm not bashing anybody or saying that Moore (and others like him) are morally right in the way they go about what they do. However, social change for the betterment of society (mind you this is not the same as "for the greater good") starts with a call to arms, and then mobilization to correct the injustice. Seems like a fine line to walk because there will be plenty of opposition, and little support (i.e. slavery, women's suffrage, minority rights, etc).

What annoys me about these types of documentaries is that people put them on a pedestal without taking the time to research/learn about the topic, and take documentaries (which always have an agenda, whether its overt or through reflexivity/positionality) as the definitive source of their knowledge.

The larger idea behind documentaries is that while the information might not necessarily be fairly accurate, or managed well; what these do is make people think beyond the cookie-cutter that the majority culture has set forth (or allow the viewer to consider alternatives, and make their own decisions).

Now, understand that I'm not bashing anybody or saying that Moore (and others like him) are morally right in the way they go about what they do. However, social change for the betterment of society (mind you this is not the same as "for the greater good") starts with a call to arms, and then mobilization to correct the injustice. Seems like a fine line to walk because there will be plenty of opposition, and little support (i.e. slavery, women's suffrage, minority rights, etc).

What annoys me about these types of documentaries is that people put them on a pedestal without taking the time to research/learn about the topic, and take documentaries (which always have an agenda, whether its overt or through reflexivity/positionality) as the definitive source of their knowledge.

factual propaganda - GOOD

fictitious propaganda based on twists and lies - BAD

There is nothing wrong with distributing information.. educating the public, in hopes for positive advancement.. WE as the shooting community do it all the time!... but this nonsense is based solely on lies and fluff.. yeah.. people kill people with guns.. who is the problem? guns? or PEOPLE?

lets just examine history.. pre-firearms.. oh no.. wait.. what? people still hurt and killed one another before guns?

there is a simple truth.. if you destroyed EVERY gun in the world tomorrow.. there would be no shootings on the six o'clock news that evening.. but there would be a hell of a lot of stabbings...

what this idiot and idiots of his kind do not understand is it is an unfortunate byproduct of human nature to hurt and kill one another.. people don't need guns.. bombs... fighter planes..

the anti-firearms hysteria is just another instance of taking negative ACTION.. and allowing people to not be personally accountable and place the blame on an inanimate object.. unfortunately the general public swallows this stuff down by the boatload.. they love to be spoon fed this nonsense.. sometimes I think it is easier for people to think that people really aren't evil.. guns are evil.. drugs are evil.. etc... guess what.. it is PEOPLE..

end rant..

sorry.. lol

Yes it was. Do a search. There are many sites that reveal the truth. Here was the first one I found quickly

site I found

I wasn't speaking of how truthful the movie was... Like i said he's 90% full of crap. I enjoyed it for what BBK said, it makes people think more deeply about what exactly set off these kids. From what i got out of the movie was that these kids were a product of the society in which they lived. It's easy to disregard some of the comments he makes about the NRA and gun laws, he throws up some facts and then fails to properly link any influencing factors. However, this is the guy who went up to canada and asked why the USA had so many gun related crimes, when canada has basically has the same ratio of guns per person, with similar laws. most the times he lies, and rarely he actually proves some valid points, and here he basically showed that guns don't influence behavior.

I wasn't speaking of how truthful the movie was... Like i said he's 90% full of crap. I enjoyed it for what BBK said, it makes people think more deeply about what exactly set off these kids. From what i got out of the movie was that these kids were a product of the society in which they lived. It's easy to disregard some of the comments he makes about the NRA and gun laws, he throws up some facts and then fails to properly link any influencing factors. However, this is the guy who went up to canada and asked why the USA had so many gun related crimes, when canada has basically has the same ratio of guns per person, with similar laws. most the times he lies, and rarely he actually proves some valid points, and here he basically showed that guns don't influence behavior.

sorry I misunderstood you.