jcerillo70

Mosin-Nagant 91/30... NJ LEGAL with bayo lug ???

Hey guys,

I found one of these with a bayo lug for $89.

Its part of history and id like to add one to my collection.

Is it nj legal in its configuration

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/c/c-r-guns/p/mosin-nagant-91-30-hex-receiver-rifle%2C-7-62x54r-caliber-/cPath/290/products_id/1524

Thanks,

Joe Cerillo

Before you mail order one check some local shops or a show in PA, NY because for a 90.00 gun you need to figure shipping 20.00 or so and FFL fee's 50.00 + or -.

I know a shop getting them in soon and selling them for 100.00 each but I'm keeping it to my self so I get 1st pick :icon_e_biggrin:

And I will make it simple YES you can own it !

Joe,

The "evil feature" rules apply only to semi-auto rifles only. You could put on a pistol grip, flash hider, bayonet, and collapsible stock on the Mosin and it would still be good to go. As a matter of fact, I would love to see someone do that just as a general FU to the rules.

It's not a problem, but your purchase won't have anything to do with the CMP. They are a quasi-governmental agency that refurbishes American historical arms (Garands, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield,etc) for sale to the public at reduced prices.

C&R is curio and relic license. If you lived in a free state, you could skip the FFL transfer with a C&R license as long as the firearm was at least 50 years old. This being New Jersey, C&R is meaningless here.

Before you mail order one check some local shops or a show in PA, NY because for a 90.00 gun you need to figure shipping 20.00 or so and FFL fee's 50.00 + or -.

I know a shop getting them in soon and selling them for 100.00 each but I'm keeping it to my self so I get 1st pick :icon_e_biggrin:

And I will make it simple YES you can own it !

Ted, I'm already waiting by their door for UPS to arrive. :icon_e_biggrin:

Mosin-Nagant-Arm-5-people.jpg

the picture and caption IS funny.. but does anyone else wonder why they are on a rooftop armed in what otherwise appears to be a pretty residential area.. kind of an odd photo opportunity.. that is certainly not NJ... or it would have been all over the news "militant anti government sniper team apprehended on roof top".. lol