JonF

Philly Gun Show, Feb 12-13

Anyone going? I may go and i just got a Cabela's coupon so i may possibly hit that up on the way out.

------------------------------------------

Greater Phila. Expo Center at Oaks

February 12th & 13th

New Philadelphia Show

at

Greater Philadelphia Expo Center

422 Business Center

Oaks, PA 19456

700 Tables

Saturday and Sunday

February 12th 9AM-5PM

February 13th 9AM-4PM

$8.00 Admission

Click here for coupon

http://www.americangunshows.com/Coupons/EagleArms.htm

Ooh, eagle arms show... I will be there most likely... Something to do relatively close... been there before, just have to look at the map again.

Been to this one before... although it was an Appalachian Promotions show though... nice roomy facility. A tad of a drive though.

Ooh, eagle arms show... I will be there most likely... Something to do relatively close... been there before, just have to look at the map again.

Been to this one before... although it was an Appalachian Promotions show though... nice roomy facility. A tad of a drive though.

Actually it was an MAAC show until last Dec when Eagle took it over. Didn't go to the Dec show but heard it was much better now that it's an Eagle show, a lot of dealers wouldn't do MAAC shows.

The Forks show is in Allentown on the same weekend and that may hurt this show some. I might go to both since I need to locate some obscure mags and I know there will be dealers at both that might have what I need.

I'm aiming to get there between 9 and 10am tomorrow. If anyone else there wants to meet up, text me on my cell below anytime. I'm thinking ill be there till 12 or 1 so maybe we can get some cheesesteaks after. :D

732 687 2099

Back from the show. Met up with JonF. that was the highlight of the show. the rest was overpriced AR's, Surplus, and moderatly overpriced handguns. There was a ton of people buying too, but did not see any screaming deals. Plenty of Mosin 91/30's at $125 or so. Very little reloading stuff, did not see TNT reloading. Parking lot was packed. Wish I saved the trip.

best part of the trip... driving through valley forge national park. gorgeous park. first time through it. Will definitely go for a longer visit.

TNT Reloading always posts on their website where they are going to be each weekend. Here's what they said this weekend:

This Weekend Feb.11-12-13 we will be at the Gun Show in the Dulles Expo Ctr.in Chantilly,Va..Hope to see you there! P.S. We will not be at the Oaks,Pa.Show this weekend.

TNT Reloading always posts on their website where they are going to be each weekend. Here's what they said this weekend:

i never shop there anyway, but would of buy something just because I was there and no other deals. lol.

Back from the show. Met up with JonF. that was the highlight of the show. the rest was overpriced AR's, Surplus, and moderatly overpriced handguns. There was a ton of people buying too, but did not see any screaming deals. Plenty of Mosin 91/30's at $125 or so. Very little reloading stuff, did not see TNT reloading. Parking lot was packed. Wish I saved the trip.

best part of the trip... driving through valley forge national park. gorgeous park. first time through it. Will definitely go for a longer visit.

Did you happen to stop over at Washington's headquarters? I went to the Design2Part show a couple years ago and Valley forge park is right there. Since we were done with the show early, we drove around the park. I was there 30 years prior and it had thankfully changed little except for the superfund cleanup. I have to think that Washington probably stood next to the house and looked up to the various troops camped up on the hills around the house. It's just one of those "wow" moments for me. It sort of brings all the history to life.

The things i was disappointed about this show:

1. no tnt reloading (i wanted to buy some powder)

2. no gun deals (hell, it there's a deal to be had, i'll buy something).

C. no interesting guns (no hakim for me this time)

号. no asian AR guy (i like to watch him frantically build uppers while his amish wife sells stuff)

V. no top hat (he makes me chuckle)

sixer. no 38 super 1911's (am i being too picky?)

7-up. too much airsoft and junky optics (where's the decent mid grade stuff?)

I made it to the show around 9:05am and there were at least 100+ in front of me

Here what i score;

1939 Mosin M38 (ranks 8 in rarity)

2 Polytech AK complete wood stocks for $30 each

few boxes of 60 rounds GP11 Swiss ammo for $30 each

I saw on the same table(name of the dealer Zeller) some Finn M91's for $169, Finn 91/30 (1902 receiver) for $160, and M39 for $269

Then i went to Allentown show. Many k98's on the tables, you had the choice from a RC's to vet bring backs(prices starting from $700+) Too many C&R stuff in this show.

Mike from Proof House Inc had some nice WW II snipers($$$) that he just got from an estate. After spending some time looking at them i decide to pull the trigger and got an original Polish refurbish PU 91/30 sniper. I will post some pics tomorrow

IMG_0526.jpg

I just got back from this show. Honestly, it wasn't THAT bad. There really weren't too many deals though.....but it was MUCH better than Allentown, there was at least a lot more to look at. I picked up a Fobus holster and mag holder.

This show is absolutely bigger, but bigger does not mean better.... at least to me. Prefer the smaller shows where the regulars come and the prices are not jacked up just due to the venue. Was really glad though,, as this was an eagle arms show.... no Nazi crap, and no dollar store imports.

Found a nice 1942 Swiss k31 for $195, the dealer really didnt even know what it was. After i bought it I must of had ten people stop me and ask to see or buy it. Compared to what there going for now I think I got a pretty good deal. The bore on this thing is pristine. I pulled off the butt plate, unfortunately there was no troop tag.

This show is absolutely bigger, but bigger does not mean better.... at least to me. Prefer the smaller shows where the regulars come and the prices are not jacked up just due to the venue. Was really glad though,, as this was an eagle arms show.... no Nazi crap, and no dollar store imports.

Actually, one table of nazis snuck in, along the wall between the entry door and the hot dog cart.

No deals at the show, but all in all, a decent gun show (considering the shows we get here in the PRNJ) :icon_e_confused: