files

AR Stock Pinning

Quick question. I talked to my FFL yesterday and he told me he could not take delivery of a complete AR15 w/ a collapsable stock (everything else is legal). Could it be possible for him to take the stock off for me or even pin it himself before he transfers it to me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

what dealer? some of them do... others may not want to deal with the hassle.

Id rather not say, however this is the rifle i would want: (the compensator is legal in nj and perm attached) http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-RECCE-14-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/143.htm

The only thing I would or someone would have to do is pin the stock before me getting the transfer.

Id rather not say, however this is the rifle i would want: (the compensator is legal in nj and perm attached) http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-RECCE-14-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/143.htm

The only thing I would or someone would have to do is pin the stock before me getting the transfer.

Reach out to PK90, a forum vendor, who offers stock pinning services.

Yea Ive been waiting on them to get the 14.5" uppers back in stock for awhile now, think I might just give up waiting for BCM and order the upper from Spikes instead.

Did you inquire how long it was going to take for them to get those in stock by any chance?

Don't want to bust any bubbles, but that PWS muzzle device is sold as a "Flash Suppressing Compensator"

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9&idcategory=6

There is no ambiguity that it is designed for suppressing flash... making it a Evil Feature even if it is pinned.

This is the compensator only model

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=88&idcategory=6

Don't want to bust any bubbles, but that PWS muzzle device is sold as a "Flash Suppressing Compensator"

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9&idcategory=6

There is no ambiguity that it is designed for suppressing flash... making it a Evil Feature even if it is pinned.

This is the compensator only model

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=88&idcategory=6

Not accurate information... If you scroll down the link you can see the letter from BATFE stating it is NOT a "flash suppressor". Or you can just click HERE

Not accurate information... If you scroll down the link you can see the letter from BATFE stating it is NOT a "flash suppressor". Or you can just click HERE

So its sold and marketed as "Flash Suppressing Compensator" that does not suppress flash, why would they do that it only causes confusion. At least you have documentation if it ended up in court.

So its sold and marketed as "Flash Suppressing Compensator" that does not suppress flash, why would they do that it only causes confusion. At least you have documentation if it ended up in court.

It does reduce muzzle flash compared to a barrel with no muzzle device, but not to the same extent as a military A2 birdcage. The BATFE used that as the standard, and based on that comparison, it was deemed not to be a flash suppressing device.

I guess it really depends on what you feel comfortable with. Since NJ doesn't define what a flash suppressor technically is (how much suppression has to take place to define it as such), as usual its a game of chance.

Remember this is the state that is charging someone with posession of a machine gun, not because it can shoot more than one round per pull of the trigger... only because it says "Machine Gun" on the receiver.

I guess it really depends on what you feel comfortable with. Since NJ doesn't define what a flash suppressor technically is (how much suppression has to take place to define it as such), as usual its a game of chance.

Remember this is the state that is charging someone with posession of a machine gun, not because it can shoot more than one round per pull of the trigger... only because it says "Machine Gun" on the receiver.

Dan, NJ doesn't define any muzzle device as compliant. They left that up to the BATF, and they are no longer testing anything as the federal AWB has expired. The PWS is one of the most commonly used compensator, and has the ATF letter. As everything else in NJ you are always at your own peril. If you can find a list of NJ compliant muzzle devices please post it.

Maybe this is a total noob question, but under FFL's contact phone number on the price list it says "Cannot ship to CT, MA, NJ, NY." Since they are asking for FFL info and states that too, I would assume that it cannot be shipped to FFLs in NJ. Am I reading this right or am I missing something? Totally new to this and would be happy to learn something.

Maybe this is a total noob question, but under FFL's contact phone number on the price list it says "Cannot ship to CT, MA, NJ, NY." Since they are asking for FFL info and states that too, I would assume that it cannot be shipped to FFLs in NJ. Am I reading this right or am I missing something? Totally new to this and would be happy to learn something.

I actually asked BCM about that. They told me its more of a blanket statement to there rifles because of the "evil" features requirements. He said as long as my FFL agrees to accept it shouldn't be a problem.

So if I see something like that in the future, it pays to ask the question to the seller. Thanks, I would have automatically dismissed them and move on to the next. I like the aggressive style of many AR type guns and am thinking about getting one down the road. Doing a bit of research and I appreciate the info.

Dan, NJ doesn't define any muzzle device as compliant. They left that up to the BATF, and they are no longer testing anything as the federal AWB has expired. The PWS is one of the most commonly used compensator, and has the ATF letter. As everything else in NJ you are always at your own peril. If you can find a list of NJ compliant muzzle devices please post it.

Hi Jimmy, I'm sure there is close to zero chance this will be an issue. That being said I'm simply stating my opinion that I would not choose something designed and marketed by the manufacturer to have "flash suppressing" qualities. I suppose this is more of a dig on the manufacturer than anything else. If it is not a flash suppressor in BATF's eye's, then why market it as a such? Just leave it at "compensator".

Hi Jimmy, I'm sure there is close to zero chance this will be an issue. That being said I'm simply stating my opinion that I would not choose something designed and marketed by the manufacturer to have "flash suppressing" qualities. I suppose this is more of a dig on the manufacturer than anything else. If it is not a flash suppressor in BATF's eye's, then why market it as a such? Just leave it at "compensator".

Dan,

As stated before anything in NJ can be an issue, after all we are all guilty until proven innocent being that we choose to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. It is marketed as a flash suppressing compensator as it suppresses more then a standard comp, or a crowned barrel just not as much as a bird cage. Again YMMV, but I would feel confident if I got pinched and had to go to court over this. This is the most popular comp in NJ, and most manufacturers who customize will pin it and send it to NJ.

• Like 1

If you are really worried, print out the BATF letter and keep a copy in your bag. I have this comp on three of my rifles.

I'm no longer worried Jimmy. So much in fact the new upper i ordered is having one of these suckers pinned on. The choices available were the PWS or a Battlecomp (which is advertised to suppress flash like an A2 Birdcage). I went with the PWS that comes with the "letter". :icon_e_biggrin: