Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

Beretta M9a1 eye candy - new purchase

No real point to the thread other than some eye candy.

Beretta m9a1, this is my first firearm, i've spent some time at my desk getting familar with the weapon, reading the manual, practice feild strip.

Have yet to fire it, just came in last night. -- The range in old bridge interests me alot since they are open 24/7 ( I work midnights and sleep all day long, so this sounds perfect for me, and only about 25 minutes from my house ) BUT, they only take membership applications on the 2nd sunday of the month ) Maybe i'll make my way down to the bullet hole this weekend.

Thanks!

-Alec

5456705003_5b746909d4_b.jpg

5457311690_6af6988805_b.jpg

Congrats! She's a beauty! Looks just like the 92A1 that I'm getting (and should have it sometime next week). Only major difference between yours and mine is the trigger guard and the mags.

Oh, and don't listen to anyone criticizing the rail... I think the rail looks great! That's the reason why I bought the 92A1 over the 92FS. :icon_e_biggrin:

Congrats! She's a beauty! Looks just like the 92A1 that I'm getting (and should have it sometime next week). Only major difference between yours and mine is the trigger guard and the mags.

Oh, and don't listen to anyone criticizing the rail... I think the rail looks great! That's the reason why I bought the 92A1 over the 92FS. :icon_e_biggrin:

Thanks, I heavily considered the 92a1 , but i just could not get over the rounded trigger gaurd, it just didnt look right to me.

Thanks, I heavily considered the 92a1 , but i just could not get over the rounded trigger gaurd, it just didnt look right to me.

I understand... it's totally a personal preference thing. The main driver for me to get the 92A1 over the M9A1 was that the front sights are dovetailed and removeable on the 92A1. If it wasn't for that, I would have gone with the M9A1 to have the beveled mag well. I am neutral on teh rounded trigger guard, so it didn't bother me... in the end it was the ability to change out both front and rear sights, that won me over. Besides the items I mentioned above, the two handguns are identical.

I think that either the 92A1, or the M9A1 are both great looking pistols. The trigger guards aren't terribly different, and I could easily live with either one.

I also think the rail looks good.....just make sure you use it!!!

I understand... it's totally a personal preference thing. The main driver for me to get the 92A1 over the M9A1 was that the front sights are dovetailed and removeable on the 92A1. If it wasn't for that, I would have gone with the M9A1 to have the beveled mag well. I am neutral on teh rounded trigger guard, so it didn't bother me... in the end it was the ability to change out both front and rear sights, that won me over. Besides the items I mentioned above, the two handguns are identical.

Yeh,

The M9a1 also comes sans " READ OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE FIRING " printed all over the gun.

Yeh,

The M9a1 also comes sans " READ OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE FIRING " printed all over the gun.

Yeah, that is the only thing I am not crazy about with the 92A1... Beretta has got to stop doing that... it takes away from the beauty of the gun.