nred

Thank you NJGF and Shoreshot

I've been lurking here since late last year, and I finally got my first handgun last Friday.

Because of this website, I decided to buy my gen4 G17 at ShoreShot. I forget the name of the guy I dealt with. He's young(ish) guy and he was very nice and professional. Answered all my questions, even the stupid ones.

They let me fire the gun for free. It's perfect. I did notice that I can make it "FTF" on demand if I limp-wrist it. I was using PMC 115 grain FMJ.

Ok, I'm off to ShoreShot to get my membership and test a few boxes of different brand 115 grain ammo.

Thank you NJGF and ShoreShot. I hope to meet some of you NJGF guys in the future.

post-2499-0-17529400-1298220372_thumb.jpg

post-2499-0-29301300-1298220376_thumb.jpg

post-2499-0-15373100-1298220382_thumb.jpg

very nice to see a 4th gen. What overgrip is that?

Welcome to the forum and glad to see the forum being of help to people.

That's a Pachmayr tactical grip for the G17. Got it for $9.99 yesterday at Cabelas. Man, that place is huge! It's just like Disneyland, but they only have the heads of the animals, and they're hung on the wall!

I did notice that I can make it "FTF" on demand if I limp-wrist it.

Fail to Feed, Fail to Eject or Fail to Fire?

If it's a Fail to Eject or a Fail to Feed, then thats probably not a problem with the gun. You can make almost any pistol Fail to eject or feed if you limp wrist it.

Fail to fire is unlikely to be caused by limp wristing.

Fail to Feed, Fail to Eject or Fail to Fire?

If it's a Fail to Eject or a Fail to Feed, then thats probably not a problem with the gun. You can make almost any pistol Fail to eject or feed if you limp wrist it.

Fail to fire is unlikely to be caused by limp wristing.

Fail to feed. I read about the g17 gen4 feed/eject issues (on glocktalk and other sites), especially when using 115 grain ammo. I guess I got lucky.

Nred,

Congrats on your new Glock! I recently purchased my XD-9 from Shore shot and was back again yesterday with my Son. We also rented the GSG 22 cal which was alot of fun.

Enjoy shooting your new gun :)

-Bcroc

I've been lurking here since late last year, and I finally got my first handgun last Friday. Because of this website, I decided to buy my gen4 G17 at ShoreShot. I forget the name of the guy I dealt with. He's young(ish) guy and he was very nice and professional. Answered all my questions, even the stupid ones. They let me fire the gun for free. It's perfect. I did notice that I can make it "FTF" on demand if I limp-wrist it. I was using PMC 115 grain FMJ. Ok, I'm off to ShoreShot to get my membership and test a few boxes of different brand 115 grain ammo. Thank you NJGF and ShoreShot. I hope to meet some of you NJGF guys in the future.
Good luck and congrts on the new gun. The Glocks will just about eat anny ammo you feed them, that one of the nice thing about Glock's that I like. I really not into guns who are very finiky (sp) about the ammo they like. Harry