Sign in to follow this  
RecessedFilter

Firearm Transfer locations

I always wondered where people meet to do them at. I always try to meet people at the range, I feel it's somewhat safe there and it's not as sketchy as meeting at the local 711 or something.

Don't have to give specific places, but do you generally try to meet the buyer/seller at a range or do some of you not care as to where it happens? Just wondering...

I always wondered where people meet to do them at. I always try to meet people at the range, I feel it's somewhat safe there and it's not as sketchy as meeting at the local 711 or something.

Don't have to give specific places, but do you generally try to meet the buyer/seller at a range or do some of you not care as to where it happens? Just wondering...

did it at my home range... sportsmen's center parking... rutt's hut parking lot : )

lol @ rutt's hut. it was nice meeting you, matt, and wangsly there. :icon_e_smile:

I now go to the seller's home. I tell my wife the address, and if i'm not back by a certain time or she doesn't hear from me, send reinforcement. lol

Last one was to a nice fella and his son on my front porch. If I trust the person I would do a FTF wherever it was easiest for both parties, discreatly.

I have a brother who lives in the Florida panhandle and he says down there you advertise your hardware, handguns included, in the newspaper for sale/want ads and meet up with the person in a Walmart or whatever parking lot somewhere. :good:

If your not going to do it at someone's house I would say go to a range, at least no one will think it's odd to have a gun there and call the cops on you. This is NJ and the cops would probably arrest you and ask questions later if they don't like what you are doing. :banghead:

I'll take the 5th. ;)

Handguns would have to be at the seller's house, range, or other place allowed by travel exemptions according to law as there are no exemptions for "going to sell it". Even then , technically there are no provisions for temporarily transferring the firearm to the prospective buyer unless you are at a range, hunting, or other specific situations. For that reason I suppose it is wise to fill out the COE's and/or pistol permits before allowing the prospective buyer to handle the gun if you are doing it from your home. COE's no problem, but PP's it would be a bummer if the buyer didn't like it.

Tinfoil hat or not, that is how I interpret our laws.

As Glenn said, I try to meet in public as well for general stuff like ammo or whatever.

When it comes to guns, I try to meet at the range but sometimes where I live and the buyer lives just doesn't work or the range that we could potentially meet up at is far from both of us. So then it goes to figuring out a place in between us that isn't so sketchy...which is at times very difficult!

If I know someone, their house or mine is fine.

Other occassions, have met folks at my office, their home, Dicks parking lot, ranges, CVS parking lot after close, Dunkin.

and most recently, a funeral home parking lot. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Even then , technically there are no provisions for temporarily transferring the firearm to the prospective buyer unless you are at a range, hunting, or other specific situations.

We went through this in another thread.

and if the firearm is received, possessed, carried and used for the sole purpose of target practice, trap or skeet shooting, or competition upon that firing range or instruction and training at any location.

It is not a stretch to say you are instructing and training the prospective buyer at any location.

Even then , technically there are no provisions for temporarily transferring the firearm to the prospective buyer unless you are at a range, hunting, or other specific situations.

We went through this in another thread.

and if the firearm is received, possessed, carried and used for the sole purpose of target practice, trap or skeet shooting, or competition upon that firing range or instruction and training at any location.

It is not a stretch to say you are instructing and training the prospective buyer at any location.

We're not talking about a temporary transfer here, we're talking about a permanent transfer. My last sales have been buying a rifle in a Best Buy parking lot in Bridgewater, selling in the parking lot of Cheyenne Mountain (3 times), and buying some components actually at a range.