matt6669

My checkbook hates me but I'm happy

Well here's the recent addition from the CMP and the newest addition from what we like to call the mini CMP.

I picked up a 6digit M1D from the CMP. It gauges .5 on the muzzle and 2.5 on the throat. Just picked up an original scope tonight so all I have left to do is lace up the cheekpad and I should be shooting her this sunday.

Next is a Springfield M1A which we believe to be made off of a M14 parts kit. It's got a bsquare mount with a humongeous BSA scope. Only thing I need to do to the rifle is add a flash hider since this one was neutered such a shame.

M

DSC_0596-2.jpg

DSC_0595-2.jpg

DSC_0594-3.jpg

DSC_0593-4.jpg

DSC_0597-2.jpg

Thanks guys I am quite happy I can't wait to shoot them this weekend I am tweaking bad to go shooting now.

I got the scope at a local honey hole of Eric's for well below what I should of paid, I'll just leave it at that.

But all together between the D, the M1A and the scope I got about 3,260 invest in the two guns. I figure if all else fails, I can turn around and sell them for at the minimum 4,700 but I will never sell them so they are here to stay.

Now the hunt for an original scope mount and flash hider is on to make my D 100% correct.

So I'm really contemplating taking one of these rifles hunting in NY this coming year. Both guns I can limit to 5 hours and meet the rules and reg of NY state fish and wild life. I can get a 5 round mag for the M1A and a 5 round enbloc clip for the Garand. Out of the two, which one would you take. I'm leaning more towards taking the M1A mainly because it's a less expensive and less special gun than my M1D.