Sign in to follow this  
7-3-2

Best Customer Service?

Best @ Customer Service  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which company provides the best customer service?

• Ruger
    • S&W
    • FN
    • Beretta
    • Glock
    • Springfield Armory
    • CZ
    • Sig
    • Taurus
    • EAA
    • Stoeger
    • Browning
    • Other

Ok so I'm still just gathering information before i make my first handgun purchase. One thing that will help me lean towards or away from a certain manufacturer is the quality of customer service (regarding repairs/replacing parts etc.) that they provide to their customers. I've heard great things about Ruger and S&W ... what about FNP? Ill put up a poll for the manufacturers Im considering making a purchase from, but if you have any other recommendations feel free to toss them out there, Thanks guys!!

S&W is at the top of my **** lsit right now. I bought an m&p 9mm a few weeks back and the mags wont drop free, i called last tuesday and they said yup definatly a problem we are sending a fedex label. I have called three times since then becuase i haven't recieved the label. They claim they are having a problem with sending them out and are working on it. 8 days later i would have thought they could have resolved this or found an alternative method. On a seperate note i bought a used Springfield 1911 that had an issue, they sent me a label within 15 minutes and repaired the gun and sent it back to me within 3 weeks.

S&W is at the top of my **** lsit right now. I bought an m&p 9mm a few weeks back and the mags wont drop free, i called last tuesday and they said yup definatly a problem we are sending a fedex label. I have called three times since then becuase i haven't recieved the label. They claim they are having a problem with sending them out and are working on it. 8 days later i would have thought they could have resolved this or found an alternative method. On a seperate note i bought a used Springfield 1911 that had an issue, they sent me a label within 15 minutes and repaired the gun and sent it back to me within 3 weeks.

Wow, thats a bummer. Theres an exception to everything I guess. I'm sure they will make it right. :keeporder:

Heres my story from an older thread

Well, heres a little background.

I have a S&W 1911 pro in .45. It is the most amazing pistol ever, about 2k cast reloads through it which are kinda gunky and not one hiccup. Never a single failure of any kind. Well of course, if it aint broke dont fix it right? Yeah, well I decided "Gee, look the extractors starting to look gunky underneath" so brilliant me decided oh I'll just drive out that tiny extractor retaining pin, right? Wrong! Well, after bending a bunch and resorting to using a vice with a starter bit to try and force it out, all I got was it to budge a HAIR and when it did, it went BANG! Thats how tight it is! So im like damn, now its not in position anymore and its not out, and I cant get it anywhere. So then after the fact I google it and they are pressed in with a hydraulic press. Go figgure. So then I call up S&W and explain and they say sure send it back.

SO not only did the fix my mistake for free, and put in a new pin, which isnt even tecnically covered under warrenty, they even cleaned out the extractor for me. Then they left me the following love note

SW.jpg

"Spray it with some kind of gun scrubber"

I think that is their nice way of saying

"Hey you effin' idiot, dont try that sh!t again!"

...and I wont :icon_lol:

+100!

The 2 experiences with Ruger CS were not that good. The first time I contacted them regarding a gouge just under the feed ramp of my P90. It was made by the metal follower on the OEM mags and is a known problem. I sent the tech pictures and he wrote back that he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Here's the pic I sent: bikepics-2095353-full.jpg

The second time I called them was regarding my P95 failing to extract. I bought the gun brand new a little over a year earlier. After a bit of research, I came to the conclusion that a new extractor was needed. I asked the tech if he would send me a new one. They said I would have to send them the gun, pay for shipping both ways, plus pay for the part/labor. I passed, ordered the extractor for $21.00 and installed it myself. It now shoots like a new gun.

I would not buy a gun solely based on the company's customer service. Beretta makes some good guns, but their customer service is tough to get ahold of.

Really? I factor this into my purchases everytime, guess im a service after the sale kind of guy becuase things do seem to go wrong!

Really? I factor this into my purchases everytime, guess im a service after the sale kind of guy becuase things do seem to go wrong!

You factor it in. I said Solely base it :)

It's a factor for me too. My only CS experience with Beretta was the free mag promotion.

I would not buy a gun solely based on the company's customer service. Beretta makes some good guns, but their customer service is tough to get ahold of.

I definitely am NOT going to buy a gun on this factor alone. However, it will be a factor. It might even be one of the deciding factors among the guns I'm considering.

Did you contact S&W by phone or by email. When I had to send my gun in, they just had me print out the call tag myself.

i've contacted sig twice for minor issues i had with my p229 classic 22 slide. first was the metal piece thats punched into the barrel (ejector maybe? i cant remember what it looks like or what it was) and they paid shipping both ways and sent it back real quick. second issue i had was that the spring was digging into the guide rod and chewed it up and it was causing it to not return to battery. i asked to purchase one and they instead just overnighted the parts to me.

A+++ for sig.

Very true, but I love Beretta's.

I voted for Springfield Armory. I year after I bought my XD45 Tactical I called and told them I'm left-handed and the right-handed holster is useless to me. They shipped me a holster anyway. Can't beat that!