Caine

Osama Bin Laden dead?

Also they needed to call in a backup chopper and destroy the original... which took additional time....

To be honest with you Im surprised they didn't have enough to get the job done, and I wonder why they didn't place the charges in the right spots. I'm just hoping they destroyed all of the electronic data, blew the hell out of the avionics, and at least blew the gear main gear box. Those are the mission critical targets to destroy in this situation, along with the Tail Gear box (if tech used in the MGB & TGB are classified, that is.)

NSA is definitely in the works, as they are the only major alphabet agency with a military branch. I could also bet that every agency that has an intel branch is grasping for bits and pieces... DHS (and the different elements within DHS), State Dept, DNI, etc. How much of it is raw vs. "action-able" intel would be interesting to know (though we never really will, except in bits and pieces-- like this whole transit rail thing going on right now).

But like I've said, and DR, and a million other people, UBL's death doesn't change squat. I think it is a psychological victory in a way, as groups moving forward know the capabilities and lengths the US *could* go (considering how far we have come), but there will always be BGs to deal with.

• Like 1

Also they needed to call in a backup chopper and destroy the original... which took additional time....

I'm sure they planned for calling in another helicopter. This is something learned long ago when they tried to rescue the hostages in Iran. They only had enough helicopters to do the mission no spares. They lost one at Desert One and this was a critical factor in calling the mission off as they didn't have enough helicopters.

If you neeed 2 send 4 which is apparently what they did.

What we have to accept is that we will never know everything that led up to and transpired.

This is something the press and American public has been spoiled with since Vietnam (the first war we didn't have military censorship). We will know everything 30 years from now just as we know everything about Iran-Contra now.

Now it'll take another 10 years for us to get Zawahiri, which won't mean much then either.

Deviated_rationality hit the nail on the head when he stated that the reason why terrorist cells are so intelligent is they can act with barely any leadership.

Although they have attacked us numerous times, Al-Qaeda I mean, just wait until their next attack. It will be the attack that al-Qaeda will have, "even though you killed Osama, we are still here [and possible even stronger]" written all over it.

The Sickest part of this whole thing is that Holder is RIGHT NOW attempting to prosecute the guys who did the interrogations that generated the information which led to the Positive ID of the couriers, and in turn, the Compound.