Caine

Osama Bin Laden dead?

Finally.

(BTW, I'm sure our "allies" in Pakistan searched tirelessly, long and hard until they finally found him...)

Yeah, who knew to think of looking in a ISI safehouse mansion next to a military academy 30 miles outside of Islamabad.

what really irks me is Comerade Obama's statement that he was quickly buried at sea in accordance with Islamic custom. An Islamic body has to be buried as quickly as possible. WHY DO WE CARE IF ISLAMIC CUSTOM WAS CARRIED OUT WITH THIS POS!!!!!!!! He should have been packed in a vat of LARD and brought out to Ground Zero to be displayed, not buried at sea quickly to follow Islamic custom!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

what really irks me is Comerade Obama's statement that he was quickly buried at sea in accordance with Islamic custom. An Islamic body has to be buried as quickly as possible. WHY DO WE CARE IF ISLAMIC CUSTOM WAS CARRIED OUT WITH THIS POS!!!!!!!! He should have been packed in a vat of LARD and brought out to Ground Zero to be displayed, not buried at sea quickly to follow Islamic custom!!!!!!!!!!

+1.

You beat me to it Eric.

Something is gonna happen. I find Obama decision to act now interesting timing

I don't really see it as a timing issue but I do agree some is going to happen, but something was/is going to happen regardless if OBL was killed or not, sad but true.

Harry

Agreed, and I didn't like hearing it but glad it's done. However that will kill a few birds with 1 stone, #1 possible less unrest being that the USA took into account the custom of burring the body as quickly as possible, and #2, conspiracy theory folks have more fuel for theories. :)

Harry

Like I said, I don't think this changes anything. BL has been the white whale for the IC (intelligence community), but has been generally a non-factor since pretty much the initial operations. This is a win for the people, yes, which benefits... morale? I guess. But to think that any of what is currently happening changes because we got some guy who was on his deathbed anyway... We'll see, and I hope my fears aren't realized any time soon.

My first reaction was "Oh Sh1t, here it comes again." I'm sure there will be attempts at retaliation.

Fortunately, the people who "do bad things to bad people" are on high alert right now, both stateside and abroad (confirmed). My concern is that a lot of the "homeland security" is dependent on the awareness of the general public. A notable example being the attempted car bomb in Times Square that occurred a year ago now. Will people have the same vigilance? I hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if things fell through the cracks now more then ever.

I have no idea what the process is.. I am not Muslim.. but I thought there was a very specific burial method that involved the ground.. I have never heard of a Muslim burial at sea tradition.. again I am not Muslim so what do I know.. but does anyone know about this?

Apparently the have had a good idea that OBL was in the mansion since March. They took their time to ID him, and to plan a definitive surgical strike. They have been watching the compound 24/7 for almost two months to insure his residency and that he would not leave. They also had two aerial assets on task to either track if he moved out or attack the compound. I love that Seal Team Six went in there, guys that personally carry knives made from Ground Zero Steel, American Assets with a big farking grudge, homegrown boys that are the envy of the worlds military establishment.

I personally think they should all split the $10 Mill reward as the gun that gave OBL a hole in his head needs to be mounted and put on display at the Smithsonian.

I would like to thank the Pakistans for their less then cooperative behavior over the last ten years. But to their credit, in Muslim time that is a blink of the eye and in their POV, the USA was being really impatient and unrealistic in wanting to harvest OBL in a shorter time frame.

Dead... good riddance. Now all the second stringers can try to take power, fight amongst themselves in the power vaccum and we can sit back and laugh as we knock them all down. This is a big win, and yes Al Qaeda will try something else, but it will be a weak attempt on a embassy in a totall unimportant location, like Togo, because it would be easier.

There is no Muslim burial at sea tradition, and Barry's statement carries no weight. It will piss off many militant Islamists greatly that they did not bury him with his head towards Mecca, nor bathe him and if they did I hope it was urine they used, they most likely wrapped him in an American Flag or maybe the Gadsden Flag and not a clean white linen shroud, and I am willing to bet the prayer involved either "Ashes to Ashes... " or "Good friggin riddance... Amen."

OK, wars are over, everybody come home now. kthxbai

Not at all. It's not over yet... not by a long shot.

Also - it was DEVGRU (Seal Team 6) that was the team that went in.

Bets on the caliber of the gun that got him? Since it's DEVGRU I say 9mm :)

Wow, Dick Marcinko would be proud of Seal Team 6.

I can't believe they finally got him. We've been close multiple times. All in all though, it really doesn't matter..it really just makes the U.S. look good. The next guy on the ladder will take control, and Al-Qaeda will still be as well organized without Bin Laden.

"The killing of Osama should not be seen as mission accomplished," former interior minister Hanif Atmar told the New York Times. "Al Qaeda is much more than just Osama bin Laden."

Also - it was DEVGRU (Seal Team 6) that was the team that went in.

Bets on the caliber of the gun that got him? Since it's DEVGRU I say 9mm :)

Possibly. It could have also been .223/5.56, along with .357 sig which Marcinko was known for training his forces with. As more info comes out, we will find out I'm sure..

That picture is clearly a fake. You can easily tell because the picture is pretty clear up top by his eyes, but blurry down by his mouth.

So wait wait.....he was buried already? What about this "burden of proof" that I heard Obama talk about, that their was a very strong need to prove this was the real deal?

That picture is clearly a fake. You can easily tell because the picture is pretty clear up top by his eyes, but blurry down by his mouth.

So wait wait.....he was buried already? What about this "burden of proof" that I heard Obama talk about, that their was a very strong need to prove this was the real deal?

they used the bottom half of an older pic. Really basd job too

Osama-Bin-Laden.jpg

I don't really see it as a timing issue but I do agree some is going to happen, but something was/is going to happen regardless if OBL was killed or not, sad but true.

Harry

Something ALWAYS happen... sometimes good, sometimes bad. That's a very safe statement.