tankcommander

First range trip for the S&W15-22

%3ca%20href=SW15-22.jpg">

I finally got to Fort Dix last Saturday and was able to try out my S&W15-22. Its a great rifle but the 10 round Mags suck. Damn NJ

The 3 rounds in the bull were the final confirmation of the zero of the iron sights at 25 meters, took about 12 rounds to get it in.

I couldn't recomend this rifle highly enough. Also broke out the FN-49 my Mauser 98,PTR-91 and Colt Hbar. It was a great day with my 17 year old son.

I think that cruddy 10-rd magazine with the "blue spring" is a pain for everybody. I have personally used RRages for extra magazines, but if you feel like getting official MP15-22 magazines, take a look at these 10 rounders. They even come with the load-assist button on the side (which makes it significantly easier to load).

ETA: Love these rifles! Got one myself, always a pleasure to take out to the range. Enjoy!

OK, so three weeks ago when I posted here, that was the first I had heard of the S&W 15-22. Now I own one. Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait to take it up to CR to try it out. Glad I bought lots of .22LR ammo!

Oh, and after just a bit of research, I realized that while there are about a half a dozen different models, the decision is easy in this state because only one is NJ legal.

Tony, thanks its a great rifle, and thanks again for your help, I will call you again as soon as I can save up for another one.

The zero only took a few shots and it handles great.

Old Glock Guy sorry I didn't get back top you but you saw the light on your own. I was interested in the Ruger SR-22 but why buy a 10-22 in AR clothing when you can get the real deal.

TC

Did you have any misfeeds with the rifle? CCI makes a round just for these rifles. I purchased a sig226 in 22lr to train my wife and daughter and the missfeeds kept comming. Great practice for the to slap rack and fire. These rifles and the new 22lr autos work best with 1230fpers ammo. Just my opinon to see if anyone had the same happen to them. John

I really like m 15-22 also. I just did a modified version of the 15 minute trigger job. I bent the trigger spring as instructed but didn't clip the hammer spring (I bent one of the springs to about 70 degrees instead). I didn't clip the spring as per instructions because I wanted to be able to bend it back if I get any FTE/FTF's. I also polished the sear and hammer and put in the set screw to get rid of the creep. All in all, I got the trigger pull down from 5.87 lbs to 3.43 lbs and have a nice crisp and tight trigger. Everyone should do these simple/cheap mods.

If you are in Toms River, send Tony at TJ Sporting Arms a PM or an email for the best price on this gun! Many of us (including me) bought ours from him. You can get the Jersey legal model and be good to go or if you want it set to a custom length, Tony can probably get the California model and set the stock length for you! Best of all, he is just 10 minutes south of you on Rt 9. He is one of the highest rated FFLs on this board (if not THE highest!)

Oh, and welcome to the forum from Toms River!

Off the top of my head, I don't know. I do remember that he was the best out the door price I was given. I looked at 3 different shops. Use the price request on the forum. You will get responses from the forum FFL's. He was the closest ffl to me and gave me the best price. To be exact, I'd have to pull the paperwork on the sale.

I got mine from T&J great price great service, I will be seeing them for my next purchase. I just added a red dot sight. Its a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25, we shall see how it goes. I'm hoping to hit Fort Dix again next weekend. I sure hope the weather is good.

TC