NJdiverTony

I looooooove my S&W 1911!!!

I took my recently purchased S&W E-Series 1911 out for a spin at the range tonight, with my latest batch of reloads. I gotta say that I am just in love with this pistol! It's so scary accurate, as long as I do my part... The picture below is what I was able to do while shooting from 50 feet, using my 200gr LSWC reloads (4.0gr of Bullseye powder). My results were comprised of 48 rounds... Considering that I am relatively new to pistol shooting and very new to reloading, I am really happy with my results :)

photo-2.jpg

I'm contemplating the S&W 1911 pro series in 9mm.

The 9mm Pro Series 1911 is a very nice looking pistol... I have to admit though (and I hope you or nobody else takes any offense, as I'm not being critical) that I don't get why someone would want buy a Ferrari with a 4 cylinder engine in it? I can understand wanting to save money on ammo, but if that's the case then why not just buy any of the excellent 9mm pistols on the market for much less money? I kind of feel that buying a 1911 chambered for 9mm kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 1911.

Does a 1911 in 9mm get you more accuracy or provide any benefit over any other good 9mm pistol on the market? Just asking because I'm a relative noobie with pistols and curious...

The 9mm Pro Series 1911 is a very nice looking pistol... I have to admit though (and I hope you or nobody else takes any offense, as I'm not being critical) that I don't get why someone would want buy a Ferrari with a 4 cylinder engine in it? I can understand wanting to save money on ammo, but if that's the case then why not just buy any of the excellent 9mm pistols on the market for much less money? I kind of feel that buying a 1911 chambered for 9mm kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 1911.

Does a 1911 in 9mm get you more accuracy or provide any benefit over any other good 9mm pistol on the market? Just asking because I'm a relative noobie with pistols and curious...

Just for the simple fact that it is a 1911.

I guess its show your S&W target time :p

This is 15 rounds standing at 25 yards. I had to show the flyers :( oh well. Im using the same reloads you are

SWtarget.jpg

Yep, I'm using the .45 recipe that you gave me :)

Interesting thing is that although I'm gettign great results using Bullseye for my 1911 (accuracy-wise), I can't say the same for my 9mm Beretta 92A1. I'm having MUCH better results with Win 231 powder on my 9mm reloads... much tighter groups and I'm hitting exactly where I'm pointing. I think I'm giving up on Bullseye for 9mm... but anyway, I'm steering the thread off the topic here as this is more of a discussion for the Ammo & Reloading forum.

I kind of feel that buying a 1911 chambered for 9mm kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 1911.

Ron got it right. It's not about the caliber, it's about the platform.

I took my recently purchased S&W E-Series 1911 out for a spin at the range tonight, with my latest batch of reloads. I gotta say that I am just in love with this pistol! It's so scary accurate, as long as I do my part... The picture below is what I was able to do while shooting from 50 feet, using my 200gr LSWC reloads (4.0gr of Bullseye powder). My results were comprised of 48 rounds... Considering that I am relatively new to pistol shooting and very new to reloading, I am really happy with my results :)

photo-2.jpg

Beautiful gun Tony. Excellent results too....looks like its extrememly accurate.

I took my recently purchased S&W E-Series 1911 out for a spin at the range tonight, with my latest batch of reloads. I gotta say that I am just in love with this pistol! It's so scary accurate, as long as I do my part... The picture below is what I was able to do while shooting from 50 feet, using my 200gr LSWC reloads (4.0gr of Bullseye powder). My results were comprised of 48 rounds... Considering that I am relatively new to pistol shooting and very new to reloading, I am really happy with my results smile.gif

photo-2.jpg

I have found myself extremely interested in this S&W1911TA. It's such a great looking gun. How do you feel about it a year and a half later?

I still love it! Out of all my handguns, it's still my most favorite range toy (and I really like all of my pistols). It has functioned flawlessly for me, it has a great trigger and in my opinion is just so sweet looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I still love it! Out of all my handguns, it's still my most favorite range toy (and I really like all of my pistols). It has functioned flawlessly for me, it has a great trigger and in my opinion is just so sweet looking.

It is sweet looking. I have added it to my gotta have list and made it my desktop wallpaper to motivate me. What kind of mags are you using for it?

It is sweet looking. I have added it to my gotta have list and made it my desktop wallpaper to motivate me. What kind of mags are you using for it?

I'm using the stock mags from S&W and also Wilson Combat mags. Both work great.