I`m a lefty with rifles and i shoot handguns with my right hand. :pardon:

There is nothing that you can`t learn how to shoot , load, unload fast given enough practice.

I`ve had the problem to adapt to different setups on rifles because i couldn`t find them in lefty configuration back in Europe or it was simply as a situation of necessity.

It`s all about practice. But since you have an abundance of lefty stuff here in the US for Glocks , Sigs...etc........ you can find alomst anyting in ambi configuration and go with that.

I`m sure more handgun lefties will chime in with their own experiences.

I'm a lefty and I can shoot anything with my left hand that doesn't have a right hand molded grip.

I've gotten pretty good at reaching over and releasing the slide with my right hand.

That said, I much prefer guns with a lefty or ambi slide and mag release.

This is partially why I'm so fond of my H&K P30. http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/guns/hk-p30.jpg

I don't believe in a stress situation that I'd want a non ambi gun though.

The HK USP 9mm looks excellent too!

You can't switch the slide release on the HK USP.

You can get an ambi control lever/saftey.

If you're a lefty and want to look at HKs, stick to P30 P30L HK45 and HK45C or P2000.

I think my next handgun will be an HK45.

As far as magazine releases and slide releases, I'm used to using my trigger finger for the slide release and middle finger for the mag release. As far as safeties, ambi all the way. If I need to use my other (right) hand to manipulate a pistol, I look for something else. Beretta's come with an ambi decocker/safety and some CZs do as well. Beretta 92 is a great ambi gun, and the HKs are fully ambidextrous as well.

Lefty here....

Glocks are not a problem. Make sure whatever you get has ambi safety or no safety. You can use trigger finger to press mag release on those guns where it cant be switched. Sigs are ok for lefties, but there slide release is a little hard for lefty trigger fingers. The SP2022 is better for lefties.

Great lefty guns...

HKs

Beretta

FN

Glock

HiPowers

1911s

Walther P99s and PPS

SA Xds

S&W MP and 3rd Gens

There are more I am sure I am forgeting some.

I agree with Axeman. I am a lefty and actually prefer using my strong side index finger to activate the slide release. On Glocks, it was simply a matter of buying the extended slide release/lock just so my finger had some metal to grab onto. Sigs were a real problem for me. I sold a beauty Sig 220 because I couldn't work the decocker or slide release with my left hand. From what I understand, if you get the DAK trigger, Sigs are great for lefties.

Also....the CZ 85B, is their ambidextrous model, which seems to get great reviews.

The challenge is to find a gun shop that is a dealer for CZ, Beretta and HK so I can handle

all 3 models to see what fits me the best.

The CZ85 Combat is a nice gun. Shore Shot has one in stock, along with CZ75B, 75B Compact, and 97B (45ACP). I don't think they have a P01 though. I know they have several Beretta 92/M1 models, and a few HKs (P2000, USP, HK45).

as a lefty ive had little problems with handguns.I never used a safety on a handgun since im at the range and if its loaded im shooting it and befor a cease fire or a break I clear it on shotguns the safety position has stopped several almost purchaces

on shotguns the safety position has stopped several almost purchaces

Funny you say that, the Benelli Super Nova is a non-lefty gun for sure. I liked it but not south-paw friendly at all.

Just to let you know, as mentioned earlier, Shore Shot does have in stock all the Makes you are looking for, and most of the models, and a good staff to help.

I was there yesterday and in the used case, they had an HK USP Compact 9mm set up for a lefty that looked to be in excellent shape.

Good luck in your search,

Roger

Also, I shoot right handed with handguns and lefty with long guns, I am left eye dominant.

Take care, and be safe