Maksim

USPSA Match At CJRPC Sunday, July 10

BTW, anyone who is willing to do scores reliably who will be at most matches, or is nearby enough to Sayreville to get the paper scores to them, we always accept volunteers.

I haven't been to CJRPC yet but planning to go next month, it's I just noticed your from Sayreville, Where about are you, I'm over in Towne Lake.

Harry

Its not hard, but time consuming.

About 8 hours of so of work, not including people who don't complete info, missing info, or cant total up columns.

I wonder how much it'd cost to buy 6 or 7 palms and set up the way that obcats has..it seems to help make things run pretty smoothly, and also makes it loads easier for the match directors. I just did some checking ebay has brand new palm 105's for $45@ (only 4 though), but the used ones look like they run anywhere from $25-$35. I wonder what the total cost for say 8 units (6 stages plus 2 spares) extra batteries, external battery packs, and assorted other sundries would come to..maybe a couple of 50/50 raffles at matches could cover the cost?

I wonder how much it'd cost to buy 6 or 7 palms and set up the way that obcats has..it seems to help make things run pretty smoothly, and also makes it loads easier for the match directors. I just did some checking ebay has brand new palm 105's for $45@ (only 4 though), but the used ones look like they run anywhere from $25-$35. I wonder what the total cost for say 8 units (6 stages plus 2 spares) extra batteries, external battery packs, and assorted other sundries would come to..maybe a couple of 50/50 raffles at matches could cover the cost?

I have three or four Palm V's and 515's that I could donate (that's assuming I can still find them of course).

I was going to volunteer to to do the scores for the august match but it's the classifier match and I don't want to mess those scores up. If I'm gonna screw it up I'd rather it not be classifiers. Unless they are easier to score due to the lower round count. Any informed people feel free to weigh in on that.

How hard is it to do?

Its not hard, but time consuming.

About 8 hours of so of work, not including people who don't complete info, missing info, or cant total up columns.

That mostly sums it up. reality for a match the size of CJ is 4-8 hours. Depending on turnout, penmanship, etc.

I haven't been to CJRPC yet but planning to go next month, it's I just noticed your from Sayreville, Where about are you, I'm over in Towne Lake.

Harry

I'm on pulaski ave towards the main st. end.

HEHEHHEHHEHEH.

You don't get to see the headaches surrounding the palms. I did palms at the indoor matches for 6 months+. A match with about 30 shooters takes about an hour to set up. EZWinscore SUCKS for data entry. So you NEED pre-registration. You also need a computer on site. You also need someone to show up with the gear 100% of the time. OB spent a LOT of time sorting that stuff out. It shouldn't be as hard as it is. They have over $1200 sunk into it that I know of. Between all of that and palms being a dead platform, we aren't planning on moving over to them anytime soon.

As for where the scores are, well it's a mess. Vlad has been doing the scores. Vlad has been busy getting ready for his trip to Alaska, and in part that has entailed work trumping some other stuff. Add to that his laptop went poof. Then his wife's laptop went poof. He got a new laptop. he can't get the latest ez winscore to run on it (did i mention EZWinscore sucks). So he gives the sheets to me. Probelm is I haven't had a cop of ezwinscore on my machines since I told everyone they can take the scorekeeping gig and shove it if they have a problem with my schedule. Doing the scores for the indoors for round about 4 years was more than enough for me forever. Vlad was having issues finding his disks, and I don't know if he did before he left for vacation. I found a slightly older copy of EZ winscore, so I can now do the score, but I can't post them, because although I thought i stored the password to the website in my password wallet application, apparently i did not. Vlad is off in the boonies of alaska so it's going to stay that way until after the match.

Sorry, it's screwing us too, because we can't close out the fiscal year for the discipline until we pay out that match. things just broke badly in many ways on this one.

What I would love to do if we have interested people is get more than one person for scores so that the load can be shared. I suspect it will go a long way towards alleviating the burnout factor of scoring.

At the moment though, nothing is going to get the scores fixed before the 15th. My apologies.

Just to make it more fun, I go to enter scores today, and what do you know. My copy of ez-winscore pre-dates the CM 09 classifier update.... aaaaand we dic a CM 09 classifier in July.

*sigh*