MrP

10yr old girl shoots USPSA

Damn is she slow.

Haha kidding. That's awesome! Good for her and good for her dad teaching her.

I will say that they should be careful with those rounds going over that berm. At her short height, it would be easy for a bullet to go over the berm due to the angle she is shooting those targets at.

Damn, she shoots faster than I do. And where do you get that "coach" that follows along behind and points out targets and tells you when to change the mag???? If I had one of those, I'm sure I'd do better. :icon_mrgreen:

I just want to say that is fantastic and good for her and her father and/or mother who have gotten her into shooting.

Now shame on us who are parents of children who have not gotten our kids into this, I know I have shot with my wife and daughter but have yet to bring her to any matches, and the OBRPC only has 22lr USPSA style matches that would be perfect for the wife, daughter and I.

Harry

hmm, good for her and all but, it makes me feel weird about my Ruger now....

HAHAHA,,, its a girly kids gun...LOL...

Just think if you shot the same match you and her could talk ruger 22,s..LOL..

Thats awsome..

I guess they made her start from low ready for safety?

Maybe, but I think the OBRPC matches on the 3rd Saturdays of the month that are rim-fire USPSA style matches from what I understand are also supposed to start low and ready. Not sure what type of match she was shooting in but I just think it's great and already have my daughter saying she wants to do that.

Harry

Harry,

Most everybody starts at the "low-ready" due to availability of holsters that need to cover the trigger guard and stabilize the hand gun so it won't fall out of the holster, causing a DQ. This is especially problematic in the OPen division with scopes & dots. Iggy runs a nice safe Match. I have lots of friends that enjoy participating in it.

By-the-by, my niece started shooting USPSA with a 40 cal Glock around the same age (10) or so. Her Dad (no longer living) set her up with her own M-4 & tactical sling, Glock, CR-Speed belt, mag holders, etc. She shot at Old Bridge & maybe CJ. It's great that girls like to shoot!

Dave

She's 16 and has a learner's permit for driving. She hasn't shot in several months, and not with me this year, as of yet. I've been trying to get her to go to the "IPSC Lite" League on the 1st & 3rd Fridays at the OB Indoor range. To chip the "rust" off. School play rehearsals, boyfriend, etc., something always comes up. She's a good safe shooter though, and loves her Glock. Won't clean the damn thing, but loves the hand gun!

Dave

Harry,

Iggy runs a nice safe Match. I have lots of friends that enjoy participating in it.

my niece started shooting USPSA with a 40 cal Glock around the same age (10) or so. Her Dad (no longer living) set her up with her own M-4 & tactical sling, Glock, CR-Speed belt, mag holders, etc. She shot at Old Bridge & maybe CJ. It's great that girls like to shoot!

Dave

Was looking for Iggy and YOU last Friday at the ID match but NOOO you both decide to take the week off. lol Missed you guys, plus I wanted to talk to Iggy about OBRAMS. Probably won't may this months OBRAMS match but all the others I should make.

Your Niece started with a 40S&W? wow, in a light weight Glock none the less, impressive, yes I do agree it's great to see the little ones especially girls getting into shooting, hey they are our next generation to keep the sport alive and we need all the help we can get in NJ.

Sorry about your niece's dad, my best you and the family.

Harry

What I enjoyed the most was she put her finger along the frame when she wasn't shooting at a target.

Noticed that also, was pointing it out to my daughter and OL when I played it for them. That and what really got me was her deliberate pace, not rushed, got a good sight picture before each shot. She had a good teacher, maybe I should take a few lessons.

Harry

I liked the determination, the finger along the frame, and the mag changes. Also easy on that stage to break the "180" if you went to close to the next array of targets. She deliberately didn't break the 180 by going slow. I wonder how many adults might have DQ'd on that stage, LOL!

Sorry I missed that last Indoor Harry. I'm running my PPC League Match tonight. Feel like poppin' some B-27's with lead?

I had my twin 10 year girls out yesterday shooting their 22lr rifles. It was amazing how many guys were smiling and giving me a thumbs up for having my girls at the range. Next year I'll have them running some pistols....'cept not a Cherry Ridge.

Good job, nice to see the kids out and being I also have a daughter like seeing the girls out there more.

Harry

How's this? Last year's NRA Family Day. From the range to field hockey for my twins.

NRAFamilyDayKidsPicture.jpg