Bello

they are really dickin the guy who caught jeters 3000th

probably has been talked about, but the guy is an idiot for returning the ball. Unless he was quietly taken care of and the yanks want to look good. Could pay off his school loans and have a huge down payment on a house. Real fan crap is bull. Jeter makes around 150000 per game. Give the guy a games salary.

• Like 1

No kidding.

Way to make something that hasn't happened happen.

Welcome to the world of "media".

I sure as hell hope that either Jeter or the Yankees, have already, or will write this kid a nice fat check. Not only does he deserve it for giving up the ball and (supposedly) not expecting anything in return, but he deserves it because our government is now trying to give it to him without lube.

How does one get taxed on a gift? He isn't paying for the seats, someone else is. That someone else (the one who gifted him the tickets) should be the one who is taxed for them correct? So if he was to be taxed, it sounds like the IRS would be double dipping, making taxes twice on the same things. Sounds....illegal. But then again, as we all know there are many things that are messed and sound illegal that are actually the law.

How does one get taxed on a gift? He isn't paying for the seats, someone else is. That someone else (the one who gifted him the tickets) should be the one who is taxed for them correct? So if he was to be taxed, it sounds like the IRS would be double dipping, making taxes twice on the same things. Sounds....illegal. But then again, as we all know there are many things that are messed and sound illegal that are actually the law.

There is a limit on the ammount a "gift" can be. Not sure what the limit is, but this gift from the yankees apparently well exceeded the limit, so he now has to pay the taxes on it. I would have never returned the ball, unless of course i was offered a large sum of money.

Welcome to the world of "media".

I sure as hell hope that either Jeter or the Yankees, have already, or will write this kid a nice fat check. Not only does he deserve it for giving up the ball and (supposedly) not expecting anything in return, but he deserves it because our government is now trying to give it to him without lube.

Hey, I know you have the best of intentions and we are all in it together when it comes to guns and laws.

So take this this in the spirit that it is intended and try not to be offended.

You just told a person that has worked in media for 24 years "welcome to the world of media." Of course you could not have known that, but... you didn't know that.

Seriously? A guy gives a ball back and the Yankees reward him with 100k worth of **** and you consider them an evil empire? :icon_rolleyes:

Well, he could have easily got 250k for the ball, paid taxes on that and would still have been able to pay off his student loans. Now he still has student loans and has 14k more in taxes to pay, lol. So yes, they are an evil empire. :)

Well, he could have easily got 250k for the ball, paid taxes on that and would still have been able to pay off his student loans. Now he still has student loans and has 14k more in taxes to pay, lol. So yes, they are an evil empire. :)

Well I'm not going into the who's team is better than the other but I will say when it's all said and done and the good will of the Yankee Organization as well as a lot of other businesses that will do things for the guy who did the right thing in my eyes will probably not have to worry about too much when it's all said and done.

Harry