If its a stock and you plan to refinish, people say its hard to beat a trip though the dishwasher.

I've herd this before, does the cosmoline do any damage to the dishwasher? Do you just run it empty to clean it up?

Thanks

Only use non-chlorinated brake cleaner (i.e. the one in the green can). Also, do not use it if you are worried about stripping varnish off the wood stock, or simply remove the receiver from the stock.

I went and bought two work lights ($25 each) and six feet of 1' metal duct tubing from home depot. When I buy a milsurp, I put the rifle in the tubing then put a work light at each opening. Pretty soon the heat will get most of the cosmo out of the stock and gun and will be on the floor of the tubing.

I've herd this before, does the cosmoline do any damage to the dishwasher? Do you just run it empty to clean it up?

Thanks

If the dishwasher has a plastic tub the cosmo smell might transfer to the plastic.If its a stainless tub you shopuld be good to go.I would run at least 3 loads of water thru at a minimum to prevent a "grease" clog in the drain line.Hope this helps :-)

brake clean and rags for the heavy stuff kerosene for the lighter stuff.if you have several to do , i bought 5 gallons and used a drain pan , after im done i let it set for a day or two pour off liguid strain it through a paint filter and save it in a sealed can.this way i didnt have disposal issues.the first time you shoot it bring paper towels caose it will still bleed a little my brother inlaw used to go to the self car wash late at night and wash them in the truck bed every time my sister saw the truck cleaned she knew something was up