vladtepes

18 - 20 Ga Mutlicolor Wire (For automotive harness)

you guys were so on point with the DSM that I figured I would give this a shot..

I have a a Mustang that I have been working on for the past year.. finally coming along.. well I took ALL of the garbage factory gauges out and replaced with Autometer so it is time to build the harness..

need about 7 different colors

6 18 gauge

1 20 gauge

need all different colors these are signal wires for various gauges.. I have checked all the big box retailers.. and the offerings they have are very limited..

just looking for a good quality product at a decent cost.. thanks

Check some of the local speed shops in your area they may have a wire board of all different color and gage wire that you can buy by the foot. Also some industrial supply houses may be an option being that speed shops usually will add to the price. There is an electronics store I used to get misc items at at the airport plaza just south on rt 36 (I think) just past where 35 and 36 split called IEI or EIE that may have what you are looking for.

Also if your wire lengths are going to be similar to the original section of the harness you might want to set up a sheet of wood on a few saw horses and build it side by side with he old one and/or make adjustments so you can use shrink tube and wire protectors to make it look like a professional install.

Harry

How long do you need? My company does installations on emergency vehicles. I have plenty of wire in multiple colors but mostly 16 gauge is the smallest one we use. You can always go up to a larger gauge but not down to a thinner wire.

How long do you need? My company does installations on emergency vehicles. I have plenty of wire in multiple colors but mostly 16 gauge is the smallest one we use. You can always go up to a larger gauge but not down to a thinner wire.

maybe 25ft per color?

autometer suggests 18-20 but if there is not a realistic difference between that and 16.. then that is pretty cool..

I am in South Jersey... but could definitely drive a bit..

OK I am down just spoke to Autometer and they confirmed what you stated... and that there were a couple of gauges that had to be EXACT but the ones I am concerned with can be 16....

just let me know where you are.. how much you would charge me...

but if I can get 25-30 ft per color.. like 7-8 colors (if possible)

thanks man I really appreciate you lending a hand!

Radio Shack has some 18Ga wire.. I know it comes in red/black :D

have TONS of red and black.. LOL but thanks!

OK I am down just spoke to Autometer and they confirmed what you stated... and that there were a couple of gauges that had to be EXACT but the ones I am concerned with can be 16....

just let me know where you are.. how much you would charge me...

but if I can get 25-30 ft per color.. like 7-8 colors (if possible)

thanks man I really appreciate you lending a hand!

have TONS of red and black.. LOL but thanks!

I can understand the minimum gage wire requirements but over sizing the wire shouldn't really have an impact on is, the resistance on a run of that length wire probably wouldn't be measurable on your standard meter.

Remember a few rules, electricity always takes the past of least resistance, and the most important rule. Always and I mean always keep the smoke in the wire because when you let it out, well you know. :)

Harry

30 feet of each, Pink, Gray, Brown, White, Yellow, Violet, Blue, Green. $25 + Shipping(if you want it shipped) which is close to cost, we buy it in spools of 1000ft. It is all 18 Gauge too, found some at the very bottom of our wire rack, we don't use it much.

shipping sounds great as I am like 3 hours away from you.. LOL

want to PM me your paypal address and I will send you my physical address and we can get this cooking...

need cost on shipping to 08205

thanks again for your offer to help.. it is really appreciated..

will take slightly thicker gauge in white if you can.. = D

Vlad,

A little late to the party, but maybe this will help with this project, or future endeavors.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/index.php

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have used painless stuff in the past.. and found painless wire at summit.. was going to bite the bullet if I had to.. but at $7+ a package (for the little ones) it was just a little higher than I really wanted to go unless I had to.. this build is already thousands over budget.. so $5 or $10 saved here and there is a real help..

but I DO appreciate the info!