I called CZ-USA several months ago to try to source an adult stock for my daughter's 720. The customer wait time and the number of times I was put on hold were... ridiculous, however, I held on for dear life and finally got someone to talk to. They indicated that they only had a "used" stock and that it would be $50, so I said OK, the guy put me on hold AGAIN, came back and took my information, less credit card and said OK and hung up.

I was sort of incredulous, it seemed as though they would send me a stock for free, and that it would magically appear at my door.

I waited about 2 months and last Thursday I figured I may as well try again. I sent an email through Parts@CZ (not the exact address). I've been watching my email, and NOTHING. Saturday, I go outside after being in the house and there's a note on the door from FedEx about a delivered package. I look down, and there's a box from CZ-USA. Needless to say, I was floored about the whole thing. The stock looks new to me.

Props to CZ for being a super company and sending me this stock for free. Next one might have to be a CZ instead of what I was originally looking at!

I have two CZs, a P-01 9mm and a 452 .22lr. Both are top notch and were great values. Unfortunately, if you ask someone in a gun shop in these parts they will disparage CZ and steer you to one of the more well known brands.

I have two CZs, a P-01 9mm and a 452 .22lr. Both are top notch and were great values. Unfortunately, if you ask someone in a gun shop in these parts they will disparage CZ and steer you to one of the more well known brands.

That is true... I've experienced that myself, first-hand. I've been told by at least 2 different local hun shops to steer clear of CZ, due to quality of their manufacturing. Everyone that I've talked to that owns a CZ is very happy with them, so not sure why the bias by the gun shops.

The first thing gun owners should do is find out what they need to know BEFORE they go into a shop. I have heard as much bad information about guns inside gun shops as I do from mainstream media.

Politely nod your head when the gun store clerk gives you his opinion. Do not base your decision on them.

If I listened to Gun Store Commandos, all I would own are Mossbergs, Glocks, and Kimbers.

By the way, CZ has easily become my FAVORITE firearm maker.

The first thing gun owners should do is find out what they need to know BEFORE they go into a shop. I have heard as much bad information about guns inside gun shops as I do from mainstream media.

Politely nod your head when the gun store clerk gives you his opinion. Do not base your decision on them.

If I listened to Gun Store Commandos, all I would own are Mossbergs, Glocks, and Kimbers.

That is very well put and succinct! I too have friends who have CZ's, both pitols & SxS Shottys. Fit & finish are superb for the money and they stand behind their product.

As to the reason why some places don't recommend them, it's easy---it all comes down to MONEY! The guy you ask isn't a dealer with them and therefore he has to buy it through a middle-man, taking a huge chunk of any profit with it's sale, so they Pu-Pu CZ. Let's face it, this forum is wrought with shooters who would rather mail-order than pay a little more to keep a brick & mortar store open, so QUALITY & SERVICE is forsaken for PRICE. The shame of it is CZ's aren't really expensive, they're on par with Russian Remingtons price-wise, but are of much higher quality.

I totally agree with you. Lots of disinformation goes on when you walk into SOME (not all) gun shops.

I really like the CZ 75b pistols... so I definitely see myself owning one of them eventually, as well as an M&P 9mm :D

I will always be a lifetime CZ customer. I own three of their guns (including a 75b and 97b) and they are very high quality, smooth to shoot, superbly accurate, and overall fine guns.

That makes two of us. My 97b is my favorite shooter.

Recovered CZ fan. They are nice guns but I got sick if trying to find accessories. Granted I got my first cz in 1999. I have owned 2 85 models a PCR, a P01, a 452 and a 720. All gone now. Nice but I found better. They were a great deal when you could pick up 75s for 330.

Recovered CZ fan. They are nice guns but I got sick if trying to find accessories. Granted I got my first cz in 1999. I have owned 2 85 models a PCR, a P01, a 452 and a 720. All gone now. Nice but I found better. They were a great deal when you could pick up 75s for 330.

Out of curiosity, what have you replaced them with that you like better?

Chris,

I sold my last CZ 85B to Maks about 3 to 4 years ago. I sold my PCR and the P01 before I moved to NJ. I did not really want to but did to reduce my collection before moving, knowing I had zero chance of getting a carry permit here in NJ, I sold them to a friend. I came north with the CZ85 a SA 1911 Commander, a g19 and a Walther P99 and some revolvers.

To be honest I like HiPowers for full size steel 9mms, the trigger sits better in my finger. And I replaced the med sized guns with the G19, now a 4th gen. I really liked the P01 for IDPA, but I shoot the g19 faster. I really like the CZ, just dont miss them much. Like i said I used to get them for CHEAP in Atlanta. One of the first dealers in the states was near me and I liked the immediately for the price and value. Now they are $100 to $150 more... I bought my first CZ, a CZ85 Combat for $429. Now they are $550... plus they are 16rd cap and that bothers me to no end that I have to neuter th gun here in NJ.

The 720 never got my attention... I dont shoot 20g well so it went in a trade towards my first A5.

The 452.... never replaced it and still hurt myself with sharp objects everytime I think about when I sold it. I bought it, a Lux version for $350. Probably the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. Loved it except for the hard time I had finding scope rings for it. They were new in the states then... sometime around 2001. I traded towards something else that it is gone now and I hate myself. One of the many trades or sales I have made.