johnisme

Florida CCW

Hi everyone.... Sorry for this topic, I know its been brought up before.

Does anyone know of any upcoming Florida out of state CCW events or siminars happening? I bought some property in North Philly and need to get this done ASAP :-)

Also does anyone have theirs already who can offer tips or suggestions being a nj resident using a florida ccw in philly?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Depending on where in the state you are there are plenty of schools that offer th class for this that includes the pictures finger print cards etc that is needed. Now if you had a NJ Hunters card that works also, but you still need to do the finger prints, and it just happens last night at the NJ2AS meeting GFH was there doing them for people. GFH is a school names Gun for Hire, great school and folks and one I highly recommend.

There are other schools and some may be closer and while I have no knowledge of how they are I can only recommend GFH, but to note, I have never heard any bad things about any of them who are members here on the forum.

Harry

Just do it yourself, its easier and you dont have to pay more. Plus you do it on your own schedule.

How is it easier to do it yourself? Run around?

You need to pay for photo, you need to pay for notary, you need to pay for prints (if your dept charges).

You will waste more money in gas, then getting it done at one place, one shot.

Factor in how much your time is worth, and $25 to do it at an NJ2AS meeting is a tremendous value, as evident by the long line of people who were there.

You still an education component, which others have covered above.

How is it easier to do it yourself? Run around?

You need to pay for photo, you need to pay for notary, you need to pay for prints (if your dept charges).

You will waste more money in gas, then getting it done at one place, one shot.

Factor in how much your time is worth, and $25 to do it at an NJ2AS meeting is a tremendous value, as evident by the long line of people who were there.

You still an education component, which others have covered above.

Well, it depends I guess

I got the notary done for free at work (but isnt it like $2 at a bank?) then on my way to the PD stopped at costco got the pics done dirt cheap, then got the prints for free at the PD and then on the way home dropped it all at the post office (my training was also free, hunters ed).

Had to drive a grand total of maybe 6 miles out of the way and it cost me just the cost of photos and not really much time. I understand not everyone has the luxury of free prints or notary but these are things to consider and look into. Keep in mind that you mention gas expense, but driving to a meeting uses gas as well.

Hi everyone.... Sorry for this topic, I know its been brought up before.

Does anyone know of any upcoming Florida out of state CCW events or siminars happening? I bought some property in North Philly and need to get this done ASAP :-)

Also does anyone have theirs already who can offer tips or suggestions being a nj resident using a florida ccw in philly?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

I got mine done in Florida. I went down on business and took the class at Shoot Straight, and the next day I went to a regional center in Florida and got my paperwork, fingerprints, and photo done. It took all of about 20 min at the regional center. Make sure you call and make the appointment first. I called 30 days before I went down.

I just got RE fingerprinted for mine today. The first ones the FBI couldn't read they said.

And make sure you write the name of where you got fingerprinted on the upper right hand corner of the back of the card or they'll send it back to you. I know from experiencesarcastic_hand.gif

The paper they sent said that after 2 tries and they still cant read your prints then your exempt that portion of the application. All thanks to my finger calus's from playing guitar .